cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Visiting Jasper this fall?

garyhaupt
Explorer
Explorer
Just went thru...and much to my surprise...it is open season for boondocking. There is one campground open in the Jasper area and otherwise, folks are stopping pretty much where ever they happen to want to stop.

With all facilities closed, some areas have gates, some don't. And no one minds.

Gary Haupt
I have a Blog..about stuff, some of which is RV'ing.

http://mrgwh.blogspot.ca/
3 REPLIES 3

garyhaupt
Explorer
Explorer
FLY 4 FUN wrote:
Im surprised its the "free for all" that your describing. There has NEVER been random camping allowed in national parks and the fact that gates aren't up or manned might still end with being tossed out. I think just Wapiti is open now for the season with limited winter services.

All within reason I am sure. But...there are no Park Rangers to be found. And as I drove south from Saskatchewan Crossing? there were RV's to be found in most every pull-off. As I said...there is one open around Jasper but other than that? nada. In fact..I saw virtually no park employees on the roads at all. I expect that the couple 3 weeks between closure end of September and winter setting in? They don't have the staff nor the interest.

Gary
I have a Blog..about stuff, some of which is RV'ing.

http://mrgwh.blogspot.ca/

FLY_4_FUN
Explorer
Explorer
Im surprised its the "free for all" that your describing. There has NEVER been random camping allowed in national parks and the fact that gates aren't up or manned might still end with being tossed out. I think just Wapiti is open now for the season with limited winter services.
2012 Dodge Ram 3500 crew SB 4x4 CTD 3.73
2015 Brookstone 315RL
2009 Colorado 29BHS (sold 2015)
05 Jayflight 29BHS (sold 2008)
99 Jayco Eagle 12SO (sold 2005)

noteven
Explorer III
Explorer III
Fall, especially during the Early Aboriginal Post Equinox, is often excellent camping time in western Canada. Bugs are frozen, kids are back to school, no bugs, git-'er-done tourists are back in the cities, frosty mornings, warm afternoons, no bugs