cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Remove Curtains?

TC_Z
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2007 Winn Voyage. I want to take down the curtains over the windshield and wash and repair them. Know this sounds silly but how are they removed? The have little C shaped plastic slides attached with rivet to curtains. I thought at first this might be a metal snap and pried and pulled but wouldn't separate so now think it's a rivet. Or else I am not pulling hard enough. The C slides can't slide off the end of the track, there are stops on each end.

Welcome your advice
TC&Z
2007 Winn Voyage 38J, gas 8.1L engine
2018 Jeep Cherokee flat tow
6 REPLIES 6

mfinnerty
Explorer
Explorer
I should have said to drill out the rivet. I had to the first time. Put the stops back in place with small bolt and nuts.

Thanks 4x4van.
Mike & Linda Finnerty with Finn & Rosco (Golden mix brothers)

4x4van
Explorer
Explorer
On my '04 Itasca, I just drilled out the rivet in the stops at each end and slid the curtains off. Re-installed the stops with a new pop rivet, although a small screw would also have worked.
We don't stop playing because we grow old...We grow old because we stop playing!

2004 Itasca Sunrise M-30W
Carson enclosed ATV Trailer
-'85 ATC250R, '12 Husky TE310, '20 CanAm X3 X rs Turbo RR
Zieman Jetski Trailer
-'96 GTi, '96 Waveblaster II

TC_Z
Explorer
Explorer
I originally posted this, as follow up thank you for everyone's suggestions. Although all were good suggestions apparently every MH is slightly different. None of the suggestions applied to our MH curtain's track design. We have a 2007 Winn Voyage. There are no stop screws to remove, our stops are riveted. Good news is I found I can slightly pry the nylon C clip open and it will slip off the track. I washed the curtains then was able to slightly stretch the C clip and get them back on the track. Perhaps this can help someone else. Thanks again.
TC&Z
2007 Winn Voyage 38J, gas 8.1L engine
2018 Jeep Cherokee flat tow

mfinnerty
Explorer
Explorer
Take the stops off one end on each side and slide the curtains off the track. I've done mine twice now.
Mike & Linda Finnerty with Finn & Rosco (Golden mix brothers)

doc_brown
Explorer
Explorer
jplante4 wrote:
Yours may be different, but the Sahara has a seam in the middle of the track at the half-way point in the windshield. At the other end of the track is a screw stop that anchors the curtain. Unscrew the stop, pry the seam apart and slide the curtains off.

Now comes the fun part. Unhook all the rollers from the curtain without losing the little plastic rollers.

Exactly. Removed mine and installed MCD shades. Hated those curtains!
Steve,Kathy and Josh
Morpheus(Basenji)at Rainbow Bridge
2004 40' TSDP Country Coach Inspire DaVinci
350 Cummins, 3000 Allison
2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S, Air Force One Braking, Blue Ox

jplante4
Explorer
Explorer
Yours may be different, but the Sahara has a seam in the middle of the track at the half-way point in the windshield. At the other end of the track is a screw stop that anchors the curtain. Unscrew the stop, pry the seam apart and slide the curtains off.

Now comes the fun part. Unhook all the rollers from the curtain without losing the little plastic rollers.
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox