cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Factory TPMS?

keymastr
Explorer
Explorer
I bought my F250 slightly used so no dealer to ask questions of. I have heard that many newer trucks will also monitor trailer tires through the factory TPMS system. Anyone know when this started and how much the sensors cost?
2 REPLIES 2

JTrac
Explorer
Explorer
I think only Ford offers this option beginning with 2017 Super Duty. My new F350 has it available but to make it work I would need to buy the monitors for the trailer tires. Something that does work is the factory TPMS for my dually, which is nice. I know GM doesn't offer this for their dually trucks but not sure about Ram. Since I already had a TPMS for my previous dually and trailer I just reused it and set it up to monitor the trailer only.

Ford only sells the monitors for the trailers in a kit with a rear mounted camera also for the trailer that works thru the in dash monitor. The kit can be had for around $600. On the other hand I can get the camera alone for less than $300 which I intend to do before next travel season. Like I said, as far as I know this stuff only is available with the 17 models.
JimT
2020 Jayco Pinnacle 32RLTS, 2020 Ford F350, Platinum, 6.7 diesel, 4X4, CCLB, SRW, 12,400 GVWR

Terryallan
Explorer II
Explorer II
Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers