cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lippert Saves the Day

Ron_Schulz
Explorer
Explorer
Here's a posting of a different sort. I have electric stabilizers on my 2015 TT. They suddenly, at the same time, started screaming when I extended them. Naturally I immediately thought about lubrication. When I checked the owners manual it stated that no lubrication was needed, that just washing the parts would be OK. Really? So that's what I did. Didn't make sense washing a drive screw and it didn't make any difference anyhow.
I texted Lippert to get some advice on how to handle the situation and they replied asking me for the TT vin and to send pix of the stabilizers which I did. A few days later I got an email stating they were going to replace the stabilizers at no charge for parts or shipping. HUH?
Sure enough. Last week two big boxes arrived. I could barely move them. These suckers are heavy. Replacing the old ones wasn't too bad, even for an old person. Total of eight screws per unit and it was done. Took about four hours total. New ones are whisper quiet. Also, the drive screws on the new ones are coated with a heavy duty grease.
My thanks to Lippert. Sometimes good things do happen...
Ron & Sue Schulz, fur-child Lilly
Proud Army Dad
US Navy/Vietnam Vet.
Retired Service Tech- 34 years
11 REPLIES 11

Grateful_Camper
Explorer
Explorer
I thought I would love my electric stabalizer jacks - but they don't seem near as stable as manual ones. There is always some float so that the pads can come down on un-level ground (the arms float from side to side a bit). That and I can have all four manual jacks down with a drill in the time it takes to get one set of the lippert electric down. The good side is that is not the job of my 8 year old twins - one gets the front, one gets the back, and it gives me enough time to hook up the electric and water, or put both x-chocks in.

But that is outstanding customer service though, which gives me a little more respect for the company.

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
Lippert learned from TorkLift to use the internet forums to promote good business tactics. When you replace an item for someone, you will now sell XXX more to new customers from positive word of mouth reviews.

skipro
Explorer
Explorer
I've also had nothing but positive dealings with Lippert Industries. They have replaced a couple of items for me at no charge, including just this past July on a 5 YO part. Great customer service in my book.

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Nice report! Thank-you for sharing a positive experience!

I had similar experience with Barker (Blue Tote). My 32 gallon tote has a slide valve for attaching a hose and dumping it. The Tote was a good 15 years old, still in good shape, except for the slide valve. I found Barker's phone number on their web site and gave them a call. Fully expecting to be told, "sorry, we don't make that part any more for that old of a tote."

To my surprise, the lady took all my information and said I'd be receiving a new one, shipped UPS, in a couple days and said "thank-you for calling us." I yelled... "Wait! Don't hang up yet." She said "OK". I said, "aren't you going to take my credit card number or am I going to get a bill with the part, and how much does this cost?"

She said, "Oh! No problem. Don't worry about that. This falls under WARRANTY and there's no charge to you." WOW!

Sure enough, 2 days later I had the part. 3 days later I had it installed in my tote, and it's been working just fine-and-dandy ever since!

Flan
Explorer
Explorer
I have a dead jack motor on a '16 trailer what's the number you contacted them through?
Heartland Prowler 27LX
19 Ram CTD 2500

LarryJM
Explorer
Explorer
Ralph Cramden wrote:
Ron Schulz wrote:
Here's a posting of a different sort. I have electric stabilizers on my 2015 TT. They suddenly, at the same time, started screaming when I extended them. Naturally I immediately thought about lubrication. When I checked the owners manual it stated that no lubrication was needed, that just washing the parts would be OK. Really? So that's what I did. Didn't make sense washing a drive screw and it didn't make any difference anyhow.
I texted Lippert to get some advice on how to handle the situation and they replied asking me for the TT vin and to send pix of the stabilizers which I did. A few days later I got an email stating they were going to replace the stabilizers at no charge for parts or shipping. HUH?
Sure enough. Last week two big boxes arrived. I could barely move them. These suckers are heavy. Replacing the old ones wasn't too bad, even for an old person. Total of eight screws per unit and it was done. Took about four hours total. New ones are whisper quiet. Also, the drive screws on the new ones are coated with a heavy duty grease.

Yes sometimes they do but I would fully expect the new ones to eventually fail after the same amount of use which is an LCI M.O.

Good Luck.

I have had them send me replacements for failed parts also. They typically jump at the chance to do so if they can get out of labor costs.

Replacing an under engineered and cheap part with another cheaply made part is hardly a solution.

The LCI stuff is used by the RV Industry because it's cheap.....all of it....not because it's the greatest. And in a lot of cases now days with lots of stuff, Lippert is the only game in town due to their Industry acquisitions.

I am a Lippert basher and will be until the day I die. Unfortunately finding something without something LCI in it is like hitting the Powerball. I knew what I was getting in our Rockwood with its LCI frame. A few hours with steel and welder fixed that. At least it had Dexter axles and not Lippert, I tossed the Furrion TV (Lippert partner) after it failed in the first year of use, did not even request a warranty replacement. I am almost Lippert free after fabricating my own operators for the LCI frameless windows. All that is left is swapping the chincy LCI stabilizer jacks made from metal as thin as in a Coors light can with some BAL's.

To me it makes no sense to install something electric under or on the frame of something like a trailer that is subject to the environment. Keeping something with simple moving parts is going to be challenging enough w/o throwing in something that is electric based.

Larry
2001 standard box 7.3L E-350 PSD Van with 4.10 rear and 2007 Holiday Rambler Aluma-Lite 8306S Been RV'ing since 1974.
RAINKAP INSTALL////ETERNABOND INSTALL

garyemunson
Explorer
Explorer
Lippert eventually came through for me. After 2 years of me complaining about my leveling jacks on my 2015 Winne making popping noises and doing the "additive" dance, they shipped me 4 new jacks that cured the problem. It seems that 2014-2016 jacks must have some sort of seal or cylinder finish issue as those before and those after haven't had the noise problem.

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
Ralph Cramden wrote:
The LCI stuff is used by the RV Industry because it's cheap.....all of it....

Not true - it's used in quantity by the RV industry because Jason Lippert has made it his goal to buy up as much of the RV related parts industry as he can. He's been doing this for some time now and will no doubt continue to get his hands on whatever he can. The reality is if you RV you'll have to live with it, good or bad. 😉
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380

Ralph_Cramden
Explorer II
Explorer II
Ron Schulz wrote:

Yes sometimes they do but I would fully expect the new ones to eventually fail after the same amount of use which is an LCI M.O.

Good Luck.

I have had them send me replacements for failed parts also. They typically jump at the chance to do so if they can get out of labor costs.

Replacing an under engineered and cheap part with another cheaply made part is hardly a solution.

The LCI stuff is used by the RV Industry because it's cheap.....all of it....not because it's the greatest. And in a lot of cases now days with lots of stuff, Lippert is the only game in town due to their Industry acquisitions.

I am a Lippert basher and will be until the day I die. Unfortunately finding something without something LCI in it is like hitting the Powerball. I knew what I was getting in our Rockwood with its LCI frame. A few hours with steel and welder fixed that. At least it had Dexter axles and not Lippert, I tossed the Furrion TV (Lippert partner) after it failed in the first year of use, did not even request a warranty replacement. I am almost Lippert free after fabricating my own operators for the LCI frameless windows. All that is left is swapping the chincy LCI stabilizer jacks made from metal as thin as in a Coors light can with some BAL's.
Too many geezers, self appointed moderators, experts, and disappearing posts for me. Enjoy. How many times can the same thing be rehashed over and over?

Huntindog
Explorer
Explorer
Lippert gets trashed a lot here.
My experience with them has been outstanding.
I see them as a company that is fair, and tries to do the right thing.

Huntindog
100% boondocking
2021 Grand Design Momentum 398M
2 bathrooms, no waiting
104 gal grey, 104 black,158 fresh
FullBodyPaint, 3,8Kaxles, DiscBrakes
17.5LRH commercial tires
1860watts solar,800 AH Battleborn batterys
2020 Silverado HighCountry CC DA 4X4 DRW

Cat_Lady
Explorer
Explorer
That was nice of them...makes for customer satisfaction. Glad it worked out for you.
As you slide down the banister of life, may the splinters never point the wrong way.