cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Fall foliage is not present in Smoky Mts.`

Likes_to_tow
Explorer II
Explorer II
We have come to the Smoky Mountains in mid to late October for over 20 years and this year has really surprised us!!! There is NO COLOR, it still looks like Summer!! Anyone hooking up their RV for this annual event should put if off for a couple of weeks at least. The fall foliage prediction map for 2017 has this area at peak and it is not.
11 REPLIES 11

Tvov
Explorer
Explorer
Lots of solid green trees still here in Connecticut, with some color, and a few are bare. Leaves are definitely beginning to fall, but still lots in trees.

I don't think this fall will be all that great for colors.

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
Mayberry Autumn Leaves Festival in MT Airy NC last weekend was lame for color. Town was beyond full however.
Puma 30RKSS

Ralph_Cramden
Explorer II
Explorer II
Here in SW PA just starting to turn also in the lower elevations such as at our house. 26 miles away as he crow flies at a campground that is @ 2300' elevation in the Laurel Highlands they peaked around two weeks ago. When we left the campground after a 10 night stay last Sunday, most were on the ground other than oaks, a few hard rains and a windy day knocked them all off. The Maples are bare. For whatever reason not much color this year up there, and its usually awesome.
Too many geezers, self appointed moderators, experts, and disappearing posts for me. Enjoy. How many times can the same thing be rehashed over and over?

NEnative
Explorer
Explorer
I live in flat Southern NJ outside of Philadelphia,and the trees are just starting to turn here.

Durb
Explorer
Explorer
The sugar maples ringing my driveway are stunning but a week late. Just returned today from Sisters, OR to Salem. The Big Leaf Maples, Vine Maples and Aspen were amazing at higher elevations but no so much yet at low elevation.

Retired_JSO
Explorer
Explorer
twinstick wrote:
Was in Western NC yesterday and was mostly green. There were a few ridges we went over that we're starting to get a little color.

Us too along 64. Now in Blairsville, 38 degrees this morning but I think peak will be another 3-4 weeks.

twinstick
Explorer
Explorer
Was in Western NC yesterday and was mostly green. There were a few ridges we went over that we're starting to get a little color.

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
When we head SE out of Spanish Fork, Ut twelve days ago on Highway 6 the colors were fantastic. Almost as good as the Balloon Fiesta in Albuquerque. Chris
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

jerem0621
Explorer
Explorer
I live in Tennessee and we are still green like August. Strange year for sure. Last week I was in Ohio and they were starting to get some color up there.

Anyway, Tennessee is always beautiful, just this year the patchwork quilt of colors has not been taken out of the closet yet. Try to make the best of it, there is a lot of beautiful things to see in Tennessee regardless of the foliage.

We have gotten quite a cold snap this week, this morning was 41ยฐ at my house so the leaves will start turning very soon.

Thanks!

Jeremiah
TV-2022 Silverado 2WD
TT - Zinger 270BH
WD Hitch- HaulMaster 1,000 lb Round Bar
Dual Friction bar sway control

Itโ€™s Kind of Fun to do the Impossible
~Walt Disney~

pinesman
Explorer
Explorer
We are getting close to the traditional peak time in central Virginia but it is still lame here.

Mortimer_Brewst
Explorer
Explorer
Some sites give predictions based on past years. Unfortunately these arenโ€™t always accurate. Hereโ€™s another site that has a map for the current conditions in the Southeast. You can navigate around to other parts of the country, but it is not very user friendly.
If ethics are poor at the top, that behavior is copied down through the organization - Robert Noyce

2018 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax
2019 Coachmen Chaparral 298RLS