Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Put the thread originally in the wrong place so any

evagoblog
Explorer
Explorer
suggestions appreciated, please help!!

I started a thread under travel trailers "Is this overpriced because of the cuteness factor" when after speaking to a friend of mine, what I should get is a toy hauler where you can have space for things yet still have RV things (I want to haul an Elf by Organic Transit, do not think you can put URLs here so just google it.) If you do not want to read the long winded paragraph, is there such a thing as a SMALL fiberglass toy hauler, googling a 12 footer I only come up with Dune Sport which has aluminum sides and is propane which the owner of Lil Snoozy says is dangerous. Also New Atlas says Toy Haulers has their own online magazine but every time I click on the link nothing shows up, googling only turns up Fith Wheel and Trailer Life. I am NOT a DIY so if you suggest I get a horse trailer or the like that is short like 12 feet but at least 5 ft wide (between fold up beds or whatever) which I need, tell me a customizer.
9 REPLIES 9

Y-Guy
Here's the deal on the propane. Basically any RV manufacturer that installers propane is taking on some big risk, and they need more insurance. Thus my understanding is the the Snoozy folks don't want that risk nor paying for the insurance. Nearly every RV out there has propane installed in it, so saying it's dangerous is just crazy talk.

12' Toy Hauler is a bit of a oxymoron. The vast majority of folks want a 12' garage not a 12' unit. You might want to check out the Airstream Basecamp units they run 16' but they come with propane.

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

JAC1982
Explorer
Explorer
I'm still hung up on propane being "dangerous".
2020 Keystone Montana High Country 294RL
2017 Ford F350 DRW King Ranch
2021 Ford F350 SRW Lariat Tremor

dedmiston
evagoblog wrote:
suggestions appreciated, please help!!

I started a thread under travel trailers "Is this overpriced because of the cuteness factor" when after speaking to a friend of mine, what I should get is a toy hauler where you can have space for things yet still have RV things (I want to haul an Elf by Organic Transit, do not think you can put URLs here so just google it.) If you do not want to read the long winded paragraph, is there such a thing as a SMALL fiberglass toy hauler, googling a 12 footer I only come up with Dune Sport which has aluminum sides and is propane which the owner of Lil Snoozy says is dangerous. Also New Atlas says Toy Haulers has their own online magazine but every time I click on the link nothing shows up, googling only turns up Fith Wheel and Trailer Life. I am NOT a DIY so if you suggest I get a horse trailer or the like that is short like 12 feet but at least 5 ft wide (between fold up beds or whatever) which I need, tell me a customizer.

Couple of thoughts...

1. Links are OK. We post links all the time.

2. ToyHauler Magazine closed their doors years ago. I'm guessing it was in '08 when the RV industry crashed, but I don't recall exactly when it was. (Fun fact: I used to copy-edit the articles for THM in the early 2000s.)

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch • 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") • <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

Scott_PDX
Explorer
Explorer
Had to look up that Lil Snoozy - I see that you are looking for an all fiberglass trailer (Casita/Scamp), not a Fiberglass siding trailer like many of the toy haulers. I've not seen any fiberglass cap toy haulers so can't help there. Your comment about wanting to avoid propane in an RV as being dangerous made me look twice. Good luck on that - I think you may need to change your criteria a bit. I suspect they are scaring you away from propane because they don't want to provide it (Probably for insurance reasons).

Other short toy haulers to consider might be Airstream Basecamp, WhiteWater, ATC or Livin Lite, but none of those are clamshell glass trailers, and all will have Propane, because, well, they are RV's. I suppose you don't have to use the propane if it bothers you.
2001 F-350 Crew Cab: Air Rides, Bilsteins, MBRP
2017 Genesis Supreme 19ss Toy Hauler
Bunch of Motorcycles

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
evagoblog wrote:
Thanks but no thanks NOT just pics, I need more concrete help, brands, dealers, best websites to find what I am SPECIFICALLY looking for again...SMALL fiberglass toy hauler and short like 12 feet but at least 5 ft wide (between fold up beds or whatever),
If you looked a bit closer those are not just pictures, each one is a link to a web page. You're more likely to spot something that will work and then get the info you want from the web page.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
Doesn't having a gas gussler towing a trailer hauling an ELF negate the benefits of the ELF?
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

discovery4us
Explorer
Explorer
http://www.carsontrailersales.com/

evagoblog
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks but no thanks NOT just pics, I need more concrete help, brands, dealers, best websites to find what I am SPECIFICALLY looking for again...SMALL fiberglass toy hauler and short like 12 feet but at least 5 ft wide (between fold up beds or whatever),

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
There are several 12 footer toy haulers "out there". Click here for some images.