cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Print the recibo (receipt) immediately

haciendacontrer
Explorer
Explorer
We recently applied for our online TIP. While doing so the page for the receipt came up but I did not print it immediately, thinking I could go back after I read the following pages. However the receipt page was no longer available. After contacting the vehicle permission department at Banjercito, we were told that it is no longer possible to print the receipt. He assured us that applying the sticker to the windshield will be sufficient if we are asked for the permission anywhere. Sure hope so.
"Ya no hay manera de imprimir el recibo, cuando le llegue su permiso y lo coloque en el vehรญculo con eso ya no tendrรก problemas."

We received the TIP in the mail less than a week later.

When we applied online, there were no questions as to the size of the truck. It asked for the VIN number, and after entering that, all the information for the truck came up automatically and auto filled in the rest of the spaces. So hoping the weight is not an issue, but who knows.

A couple of points of interest to many I think, we also asked if our pickup camper needed a TIP, not mentioning the size of our truck. (1 ton) He told us that it does NOT need a a TIP, but we must have some kind of proof of ownership, such as title. That is good news. See below. Per permisovehiculos@banjercito.com.mx

"No requiere otro permiso, solo requiere el titulo de propiedad o documento que demuestre a nombre de quien esta registrada la propiedad y si tiene adaptaciones el vehรญculo vengan seรฑaladas."

Also we were told that we may cross at any border crossing once we have the TIP applied to the windshield.

"Una vez que tenga su permiso en su vehรญculo puede pasar por cualquier otra frontera."

That said there are no guarantees that a different person from Banjercito will tell you the same thing, just never know.

We plan on crossing in Laredo(not Columbia) as we have always done, just getting and paying for the tourist card then heading on our way. No reason to ask about the TIP since it is already done. There, they have NEVER asked to see the truck, nor inspected anything. And as Tallyho has mentioned in another post, smile and be on our way. Hopefully... Safe travels everyone.
4 REPLIES 4

briansue
Explorer
Explorer
Yep - has to be signed by aduana. But the point is SAT told me this is what is supposed to be done for a camper so they are apparently aware of campers and have a method in place for temporary importation. People are getting rejected even though there is a method in place. This is new - sort of - less than a year - so if you do get hassled about the camper this is the process they should use to put a temporary permit on the camper. Just so you know. Hi Sal!

Our little kitchen remodel is almost done - ahead of schedule - so we expect to head out soon after Thanksgiving - will email you soon..

haciendacontrer
Explorer
Explorer
Hey Brian and Sue! Thanks for the above info. We looked into it and it requires a signature by the aduana. We are hoping to avoid an inspection of the truck that aduana would have to do, to sign off on the form for the truck camper. But its a good idea if our truck was 1/2 ton or less.
As of November of last year, there was no x-ray machine at the Lincoln Juarez bridge (#2). But this bridge is not great for big rigs, we took our 29ft 5er thru once and it was really tight. Columbia is better for big rigs but as there's not a lot of people going thru there, they have more time to "go by the book". The Lincoln Juarez bridge is always busy so there is less chance of problems. Plus after Dec 1st, there is more traffic and less time for hassles. The road that goes around Laredo is quick and not much traffic and your're on the main road in 10-15 minutes.
We'll hope for the best and cross Nov 19th and keep you posted. When do you guys leave?

dkilley
Explorer
Explorer
We crossed in Laredo/Columbia crossing last week. Keep in the right lane as had to unhook our toad and turn around as we were not in the correct lane and were there 11 minutes before the 8am opening. Then when we got across we got a though inspection of our motorhome and then they asked us to back up to get into the x-ray machine. Then asked us to turn around and go back through the center to get our OK to leave. We could not make the turn around and had to unhook our toad again. But the rest of our two day trip south was great with great roads. We go to the La Penita area and tolls (6,088p) were about double what they are when coming from the crossing in Nogales. Definitely worth the effort and issues to be here in Mexico. Safe travels everyone...

briansue
Explorer
Explorer
Hola Familia Contreras!

What I was told by SAT via email is you are supposed to have a temporary import permit for the camper which apparently is a form you fill out they refer to a Anexo 1 which can be found online with instructions at the following address........

http://www.sat.gob.mx/informacion_fiscal/normatividad/Paginas/reglas_comercio_exterior_2017.aspx

Scroll down to......

Annex 1 General Rules of Foreign Trade. (1)

ANEXO 1 DE LAS REGLAS GENERALES DE COMERCIO EXTERIOR PARA 2017
Formatos de Comercio Exterior
Contenido

The first form I think is the one you want "Autorizaciรณn de importaciรณn temporal"

Tip for Barb - hold the left clicker down as you drag the cursor over the entire address above so that it highlights - then with your cursor still on the highlighted address release the left click and press the right click and you will get a window with a few options one of which is GO TO and the address - just click there an go. You may not need this but it is a new thing as of Jan 27, 2017 and was added to laws in Feb 2017. You can read what it says. They told me this is what campers need. I do not know - I am not the authority....

PS - Last time we crossed at Laredo - Columbia - but not Laredo - they put us through a full-on inspection and X-rayed the entire Bus. Things change. You never know.