cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Fresh Water problems are they related, help!

Hankjoe
Explorer
Explorer
The water pump was noisy (didn't want to shut off after turned on faucet) - yes there was water in the water tank. Then it wouldn't pump
A. We unhooked the line to the tank & put the line from the pump into a pail of water and the water pump worked fine to include - shutting off when the pipes were full of water.
b. We unhooKed the line from the tank & no water came out even with a full tank. We blew air back through the line & heard bubbles, but water didn't flow back out the line What do we do next??

Second problem (related or unrelated) When we pull the gavity flow drain plug no water is released from the tank.

We have a Class C Shasta Motor home. The water pump is pull for drain is under the dining bench. The Fresh Water tank is under the other dining bench seat.

Ideas of what to do next? Thanks
9 REPLIES 9

Hankjoe
Explorer
Explorer
Solved - Thanks for general advice - it solved on its own - We filled up tank pumped (hand pump from the fill area. We knew the water pump in general worked as it would pump water from a pail.

We thought about removing the tank & cleaning, but decided to empty tank again (using the trusty hand pump) When we pulled out the hose a little slime came with. We santitized the system. and filled it all up again. The faucets had water coming out & water pump would shut off, And, we could now drain the tank.

The water pump pumps water, shuts off and we can drain the tank. We have winterized. I believe what happen was "stuff" slime or whatever caused the problem. Hopefully it's cured for good.

golf_bears
Explorer
Explorer
Are you sure there is water in the tank? If so, how do you know?

ksg5000
Explorer
Explorer
When water won't drain and won't pump it's almost always a clog in the venting system - the only other thing I can think of is maybe plastic crud left in the tank when they installed the tank -those shavings will eventually clog the water pump filter and maybe the drain pipe or drain valve. Got me stumped.
Kevin

RJsfishin
Explorer
Explorer
I never seen a filter inside a FWT.
Sounds like a vent problem.
Didja poke a wire in the vent.
Didja poke a wire in the tank to pump outlet ?
Does the pump intake line come out from the bottom or the top of the tank ?
Your diagnostic procedure was very unclear at best.
Rich

'01 31' Rexall Vision, Generac 5.5k, 1000 watt Honda, PD 9245 conv, 300 watts Solar, 150 watt inv, 2 Cos 6v batts, ammeters, led voltmeters all over the place, KD/sat, 2 Oly Cat heaters w/ ox, and towing a 2012 Liberty, Lowe bass boat, or a Kawi Mule.

westend
Explorer
Explorer
Hankjoe wrote:
Checked the vent near the tank & is ok. Thanks

If the vent is OK, how did this happen--"Second problem (related or unrelated) When we pull the gavity flow drain plug no water is released from the tank."?
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

Hankjoe
Explorer
Explorer
Is older Shasta Motor Home (1997) - July things worked good -pump a little loud, but then these problems.- Thinking about pulling the fresh Water tank tomorrow to see if dirty and will see if there is a strainer. Doesn't appear to be one near the pump inlet.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
In the tank there is an outlet strainer (In many cases) and a 2nd one on the pump inlet.

I had almost the same problem. PUmp got very loud and the water was pulsuating,, then it simply cleared itself up.. Never did get around to diagnosis.

Next week when I have park water hooked up I'm pulling the outlet strainer and inspecting it.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Hankjoe
Explorer
Explorer
Checked the vent near the tank & is ok. Thanks

westend
Explorer
Explorer
Tank vent may be compromised. Without a vent, the tank pulls vacuum when a pump is used. The vacuum may be enough to overcome pump draw.
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton