cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

radio

diamonddogdogs
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2008 Phaeton. All of a sudden no sound from the radio. You can see it is on, can see the volumn is playing by the little lights flashing but no sound. There is a switch to the drivers left that says "radio" and that is in the on position. Any ideas what happened to the sound? (TV sound is ok). Thanks.
8 REPLIES 8

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
Our motorhome has a switch in the bedroom to allow the music to come thru the speakers in there rather than thru the speakers in the dash. Do you have a switch that got pushed and needs to be changed back? It's a rocker switch.

2DHoop
Explorer
Explorer
Do you hear audio with headphones or from any of the other inputs? I am assuming โ€œradioโ€ means over the air old fashioned broadcast but I understand that the unit as a whole can be refered to as โ€œthe radioโ€.
2013 Arctic Fox 25P
2010 Dodge 3500 SRW CTD

j-d
Explorer
Explorer
Some "car stereo" units will shut their output off if one of the speaker terminals is grounded. Happened to me on an old pickup truck I bought. Radio'd play unless the window was down. Window frame was touching a speaker terminal. Corrected it by spacing the speaker inboard a little.
If God's Your Co-Pilot Move Over, jd
2003 Jayco Escapade 31A on 2002 Ford E450 V10 4R100 218" WB

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
No idea what happened to YOUR RV. .only what happened to MINE

I had issues with the dash radio (I have two radios) Cutting in and out in and out.. Well I spent a bunch of time under the dash saving money on hair cuts (You don't need to cut it when you pull it all out) here is what I found.

An amplifier.. Ok so it is described in the 20 pounds of owner's manual.. NOT THE PROBLEM

A relay box (NOT in the bag).. Also not the problem...exactly.

Well messing with the relay box I pressed on a MOLEX (multi pin) Electrical connector and when I did I heard the SNAP of the latches latching.

Yup. was not plugged in all the way . Problem solved.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

darsben1
Explorer
Explorer
do you have it on mute?
Traveling with my best friend, my wife in a 1990 Southwind

DrewE
Explorer
Explorer
Many possibilities. Maybe a wire came loose going to the speakers. Maybe the fader control on the radio got set all the way in a wrong direction. Maybe the radio itself is broken. Maybe it thinks you're on a bluetooth telephone call (if it has bluetooth).

I'm guessing the TV sound doesn't go through the radio, maybe just being speakers built into the TV itself. I could be all wrong there.

lj2654
Explorer
Explorer
If the radio has a snap on front panel, these can go bad as the tuner is inside. All the bouncing around does a number on them. I bought a new cover piece for mine on Ebay and swapped it out. Fixed the sound.
2001 Beaver Contessa Naples 40
2012 Cadillac Srx
retired AirForce 1979-1992

Hiking_Hunter
Explorer
Explorer
Not familiar with the unit, but if you have a speaker select switch, make sure some destination is selected.
Amateur Radio WA4GIY
2015 Montana High Country 305RL
2013 RAM 3500 4x4, crew cab, long bed, 6.7 CTD, Aisin trans.
CGVW 20460 Lbs.