cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Xzilon paint protection for new Winnebago?

A_Miel
Explorer
Explorer
I am purchasing a 2017 Winnebago 5th wheel. Bought the extended warranty and noticed on the Purchase Agreement an additional $880.00 as a non-taxable item. I called the dealership today and was told I had bought the Xzilon coating - which I barely remember doing since it seemed to be all rolled into the extended warranty. Dealer explained this coating would spare me from waxing it 2x per year, and included scotchguard.

Since the deal has not been funded yet (in process), I asked the dealership to remove the $880.00 charge. I had seen a YouTube review on the Winnebago exclaiming how great the gelcoat is on these. So my feeling was that perhaps the Xzilon was not really needed.

Anyone have experience with this type of coating and is it really worth it??
11 REPLIES 11

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
cekkk wrote:
No and no.

bumpy

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
rickeoni wrote:
If they are claying in your RV prior to the application of the exterior sealant in conjunction with the interior protectant $880 is in the ball park.

Do you think a dealer is going to clay bar a RV?
I agree with cekkk, ask to watch the process of it being applied.

rickeoni
Explorer
Explorer
You can't do the same thing with a can of unfinished car polish. To apply these sealants is relatively straight forward...clay bar the entire vehicle to make sure the surface is perfect with no imperfections and then wipe on and wipe off three square feet at a time with correct amount of time between the two steps.

We sell the xzilon products for use on our new vehicles we sell at my job, include million dollar Rolls-Royce motor cars. This stuff works. I use a spray on rinse off sealant on all my rides and RV, this new stuff is so much easier and longer lasting than old school waxes.

If they are claying in your RV prior to the application of the exterior sealant in conjunction with the interior protectant $880 is in the ball park.
2008 F450
2007 Adventurer 85WS
2012 Haulmark "The Garage"
2016 Outdoors RV Glacier Peak 26 RKS

cekkk
Explorer
Explorer
A.Miel wrote:
"No and no."- How would you "know" if no experience with the xzilon?

I've lived through car dealers' undercoating days, $800 "mandatory" add-ons charges so crooked many jurisdictions required a sign be hung on walls calling it extra dealer profit, $3,000 extended warranties, several hundred dollar fabric protectorants that came out of a $8 spray can and numerous other scams designed to redistribute my money.

Ask the salesman to let you watch the magic being applied. If you're convinced, bless you.

Or Google reviews of the product. After blessing you, I did. Worse than I thought.
'11 Eagle 320RLDS '02 Ford F350 DRW 7.3 PSD
"The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch and do nothing" - Albert Einstein."

B_O__Plenty
Explorer II
Explorer II
No. These "permanent" wax jobs are all the same. They spray on a polymer coating then buff it out. Really over priced. You can do the same thing with a can or bottle of Nu-Finish, Simonize Ice or countless others for under $20.00. Spraying on Scothguard will cost around $10.00 for a spray can. If this is worth it to you then do it. I wouldn't.

B.O.
Former Ram/Cummins owner
2015 Silverado 3500 D/A DRW
Yup I'm a fanboy!
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS

A_Miel
Explorer
Explorer
Did I post in technical support? I'm sorry, but I cannot see that. It appears to me as Open Roads Forum > Fifth Wheels.

Why did you post in Forum Technical Support which is reserved for non-RV forum use related questions?

A_Miel
Explorer
Explorer
"No and no."- How would you "know" if no experience with the xzilon?

cekkk
Explorer
Explorer
No and no.
'11 Eagle 320RLDS '02 Ford F350 DRW 7.3 PSD
"The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch and do nothing" - Albert Einstein."

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Letโ€™s see...2 1/2 years on my Winnie TT...NO โ€œpaint,โ€ fiberglass or decal issues...nope, not worth it. For $880 I sure could have the outside of my Winnie jazzed up in five or six years. Whatโ€™s the length of the warranty?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
โ€œI called the dealership today and was told I had bought the Xzilon coating - which I barely remember doing...โ€

I suggest you read the contract front to back quickly. Your state may have a cooling off period that allows you to cancel the deal. โ€œI called...โ€ Another mistake. You signed a written contract, why would a telephone call protect you?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad