cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Quartzsite report

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
It's a bit early and still pretty hot, but I enjoy it when it's not so crazy busy.

I'm running my generators every day from noon until dark. I like to stay comfortable, but since I hear almost nobody else running theirs, I take it they are happy sweating it out. This is why I always question people who ask about getting a generator to run the air... most people just don't do that. Maybe they can, and just don't bother.. I'm not really sure.

Both McDonald's and Burger King are undergoing dining room remodeling..at the same time..weird.. but Carl's Jr is open. Their milkshakes are pretty good. Too bad they don't have a mobile ordering feature on their app. I've seen some long lines.

I'm wearing a face mask this year to avoid bronchitis.. hopefully. I've gotten it every couple years here and it sucks!! Must be something in the dirt.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman
50 REPLIES 50

tuna_fisher
Explorer
Explorer
2gypsies wrote:
I think the big attraction to Q is just camping with a group of friends/family with like interests and enjoying time together. Repeat campers don't go for the swap meets/rocks. They go to do some exploring of the surrounding area via ATVing/Jeeping rockhounding with a friends or on their own or being with a particular group who own the same mfg. of RV, etc. Special interest groups are plentiful there. They do things together, have potlucks and sit around the campfire solving RV problems!
Perfect description of what my group does, fun time.
2001 GMC DM, 1995 Lance Lite, @005 Eclipse Toyhauler, Toy's!;)

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
azrving wrote:
ppine wrote:
The town used to have great rock and gem vendors. Most of them have moved to Tucson. I do not get the attraction of Quartzite at all.

Please share more about Tucson. I'm always interested in more variety and in fact need more options when passing the area. Is there a Quartzsite like gig going on there?

Here's info on the Tucson Rock & Gem Show in Jan/Feb. The vendors are scattered all over the Tucson area. There's no huge Quartzsite-like boondocking but there is a small BLM area for boondocking called Snyder Hill. RV parks get booked up.

https://wheelingit.us/2013/03/01/boondocking-site-review-snyder-hill-blm-tucson-az/

https://www.visittucson.org/visit/events/featured-tucson/tucson-gem-mineral-fossil-showcase
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

was_butnotnow
Explorer
Explorer
Ya got to give it to Q they are trying.
We did for many years spent the whole season in the LTVAs but now just go back for January. That's sort of the trend anymore as older RVers have found more places to winter in as more of them are also looking for an end of traveling base that they can go when it is time to stop traveling.
But we hope Q can keep it together for a long time and figure out how to attract more winter visitors.
Now in a 05 Monaco Cayman DP 36 PDQ
Traveled many years in NuWa Hitchhiker 5th wheels.
Travel Journals and Adventures of people living this lifestyle

Hitchitch.com

Personal blog with our own travels. www.fulltime.hitchitch.com

azrving
Explorer
Explorer
ppine wrote:
The town used to have great rock and gem vendors. Most of them have moved to Tucson. I do not get the attraction of Quartzite at all.

Please share more about Tucson. I'm always interested in more variety and in fact need more options when passing the area. Is there a Quartzsite like gig going on there?

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
I think the big attraction to Q is just camping with a group of friends/family with like interests and enjoying time together. Repeat campers don't go for the swap meets/rocks. They go to do some exploring of the surrounding area via ATVing/Jeeping rockhounding with a friends or on their own or being with a particular group who own the same mfg. of RV, etc. Special interest groups are plentiful there. They do things together, have potlucks and sit around the campfire solving RV problems!
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II

azrving
Explorer
Explorer

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
was_butnotnow wrote:
NEWS: RV.net did an article on this in their newsletter Nov. 30.
They have been in contact with Verizon Read it here.

Quartzsite Verizon Service

RV Travel newsletter has exactly zero connection with RV.net
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

was_butnotnow
Explorer
Explorer
NEWS: rvtravel.com did an article on this in their newsletter Nov. 30.
They have been in contact with Verizon Read it here.

Quartzsite Verizon Service

Yes rvtravel.com is not related to rv.net Sorry for the mistype.
Now in a 05 Monaco Cayman DP 36 PDQ
Traveled many years in NuWa Hitchhiker 5th wheels.
Travel Journals and Adventures of people living this lifestyle

Hitchitch.com

Personal blog with our own travels. www.fulltime.hitchitch.com

vermilye
Explorer
Explorer
Yea, they fixed the problem.

tuna_fisher
Explorer
Explorer
vermilye wrote:
Anyone else here in Quartzsite using Verizon? The last couple of years it was fast & reliable. This year while a -85dBm 4G LTE signal, the download speed has been around 2mbps, and upload even slower, when it works. My AT&T Mobley shows a weaker signal, but speeds in the 19 - 20mbps, and uploads at 9-10mbps. Is it my jetpack or Verizon?
Just back from palmosa road and had 4G with 4-5 bars, great signal.I have Verizon.
2001 GMC DM, 1995 Lance Lite, @005 Eclipse Toyhauler, Toy's!;)

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
mrflakey wrote:
I am thinking about coming out to Q in January 2018 from Wisconsin am looking for a good route to avoid bad weather any help ????

The safest in winter from Wisconsin is to head due south to I-10. You need to get farther south than I-40.
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again

mrflakey
Explorer
Explorer
I am thinking about coming out to Q in January 2018 from Wisconsin am looking for a good route to avoid bad weather any help ????

Surviver76
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Guys, well it it's December 1st. 2017 and I am here in my truck camper for the big top Quartzsite show. I have been wanting to get to this show for a few years now and this year I am here and I am early.
I am currently on Ferguson Road at a wonderfully peaceful place full of well distanced dispersed RVers. I am down from Oregon looking to buy a bus for a new Skoolie project and have heard that Quartzsite has something for everyone so while I'm certain I will enjoy it, if there is anything about converting buses or buses for sale, that would be a plus for me.
There is one question for anyone in the know about the Colorado River. I would love to find a free camp area I can paddle out my Kayak and so far have only found Mitry Lake which perhaps should be renamed Misery Lake that water looks like radioactive waste!!!