cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Are we almost there yet?

pawatt
Explorer
Explorer
Have you arrived at your Winter destination yet? Location?

We arrived at Palmview Texas 2 miles from the Mexico border Thursday afternoon after 17 days on the on the road. If it is anywhere near your route we highly recommend stops to explore at Hot Springs Arkansas and Goliad Texas. Beautiful here on the patio sipping a Corona with fresh lime from the neighbor's tree.
pawatt
28 REPLIES 28

John_Joey
Explorer
Explorer
pawatt wrote:
What is the status of Isla Blanca remodel. If we decide to come to the Island for a week would we be better there or the KOA. We Like water view and maybe sunset view.

No RV parks on the island has direct water views or sunset views. With that said the KOA does have a few limited sites on the Bay with patio's that you might get lucky and snag if they are not already booked. Those will be costly, comparatively speaking.

As far as the county park goes, well you're on Island time.

On edit:

A direct water/sunset view can be done on a budget at the county park. There is a parking lot with water/electric that they stack RV's in there like sardines against one edge of the parking lot. I was gigging there once when a pontoon boat (no car with trailer) showed up and a half dozen plus people with suitcases all got off. I just kept gigging, so you might want to think about that also if booking.
Thereโ€™s no fool, like an old fool.

pawatt
Explorer
Explorer
John&Joey wrote:
A week to go before we head out. First time ever that I could stay north. Thinking RV'ing is coming to an end for us, and maybe VRBO'ing will replace it. Might change my mind once we're on the road though. Sure would miss the freedom that an RV gives a person.

What is the status of Isla Blanca remodel. If we decide to come to the Island for a week would we be better there or the KOA. We Like water view and maybe sunset view.
pawatt

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II
I had to do three google searches to find out what VRBO is. Well done - it's usually the first or second item on one search.

John_Joey
Explorer
Explorer
A week to go before we head out. First time ever that I could stay north. Thinking RV'ing is coming to an end for us, and maybe VRBO'ing will replace it. Might change my mind once we're on the road though. Sure would miss the freedom that an RV gives a person.

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II
Had to winterize ours today. ๐Ÿ˜ž

We're leaving in 10 days but there's going to be some very cold weather between now and then. If it's going to warm up, I may unwinterize before we leave - I hate being on the road without water!

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
Tomorrow is the day, they are delivering the new Club Car cart! Chris
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
John&Joey wrote:
Sharp looking Precedent. Stock motor/wires/solenoid/controller, or did those get an upgrade also? (guessing 48v electric.)

Yes, it gets new batteries in the 48V setup and speed control set up to 19 MPH +/-, which is OK as park speed limit is 15 MPH. It is a 2013 with new body parts, windshield, and top, upholstery, flip/flop rear seat/ with hd rear springs, wheels and tires, horn, lights, turn signals(street legal stuff) and 6 month warranty(two years on batteries).

I added a individual key verses same same and a aftermarket wood steering wheel.

These big cart dealers in the Phoenix area churn these refurb'd carts out like mad this time of the year.

Chris
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

John_Joey
Explorer
Explorer
Sharp looking Precedent. Stock motor/wires/solenoid/controller, or did those get an upgrade also? (guessing 48v electric.)

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
We have been here two weeks. Got washer and dryer installed, reverse osmosis system installed, Murthy bed partly built, and bought this yesterday. Chris

Ernest
Explorer
Explorer
joebedford wrote:
Ernest wrote:
Two more months than Key West. Just started packing the fishing gear.
Is it open?

Yes talked with them a few days ago.
Ernest & Joanne
2000 Tradewinds 300 CAT
2014 Jeep Cherokee Limited
Travelingonthetradewinds.blogspot.com 2014 Alaska Blog
Travelingonthetradewinds1.blogspot.com 2017 South West Blog

Thunder_Mountai
Explorer II
Explorer II
Woke up to 5" of snow this morning. Had to shovel the back deck. Got the departure list ready. All systems are checked out. Two weeks to launch.
2016 Winnebago Journey 40R
2018 Rubicon
1982 FJ40 Toyota Land Cruiser
2020 Keystone Outback 327CG
2020 Dodge Ram 2500
Polaris RZR XP 1000
4 Cats
3 Dogs
1 Bottle of Jack Daniels
Two old hippies still trying to find ourselves!

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II
Ernest wrote:
Is it open?

Ernest
Explorer
Explorer
Ernest & Joanne
2000 Tradewinds 300 CAT
2014 Jeep Cherokee Limited
Travelingonthetradewinds.blogspot.com 2014 Alaska Blog
Travelingonthetradewinds1.blogspot.com 2017 South West Blog

bighatnohorse
Explorer II
Explorer II
Arrived Cave Creek 8 days ago. 90's almost every day but temps now dropping to a perfect 85 daytime high.
2021 Arctic Fox 1150
'15 F350 6.7 diesel dually long bed
Eagle Cap Owners
โ€œThe best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity."
-Yeats