cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How to repair torn RV covers

twainharteartis
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone out here repaired a torn RV cover? I have a one year old Elements RV cover and found a tear L shaped 24" by 24" and because it is almost new would hope I can patch it and get a few more years out of it Thanks
27 REPLIES 27

twainharteartis
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks to everyone for the post. You are great for taking your time to help all of us.

AllegroD
Nomad
Nomad
ScottG wrote:
Another vote for awning repair tape.
That stuff is amazing. It's very strong, water proof and clear so it doesn't show much.
This works. Done it.

Juzaxadar
Explorer
Explorer
I needed a quick repair today. It wasn't split all the way through but partly. I guess it's a two layer awning. The only thing I had on hand was eternabond so I put it on both sides. It's white so it blends in.
2000 Minnie 31C V10

FritzandCheryl
Explorer
Explorer
I used gorilla tape on one side, put gorilla glue on the other side and then taped that side with gorilla tape. Has lasted over 4 years so far.

twainharteartis
Explorer
Explorer
Wow thanks so much guys for all the posts on ways to fix our covers.

wallaceb
Explorer
Explorer
On small cuts/tears I use eternabond -- one piece inside surface and then a piece on the outside -- after three years of use I have four such repairs, the longest about 14 inches and they are super.

fourmat
Explorer
Explorer
Dutch_12078 wrote:
Adco has adhesive repair patches available for their various fabrics.
That's what I used 2 years ago
2009 Challenger

olfarmer
Explorer
Explorer
I used gorilla glue on one a few years ago, it held as long as I had it, then gave it to my son, I never heard him say it let go.
Ed & Ruby & the 2 cats
2001 Winnebago Brave 30W
7.4 gas Work Horse Chassis
99 Jeep Grand Cherokee

AllegroD
Nomad
Nomad
We use 6" wide awning repair tape.

wvabeer
Explorer
Explorer
wvabeer wrote:
I have used this to repair torn fabric. I don't see ant reason why it wouldn't work with that.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Tear-Mender-Bish-s-6-Ounce-Original-Tear-Mender-Instant-Fabric-and-Leathe...

now I got to thinking I repaired an awning with Tearmender.
1999 Dutch Star DP3884
2015 Camplite 6.8C
2012 Cherokee 39L destination
2022 F350 XL 4x4
07 FLHRS

wvabeer
Explorer
Explorer
I have used this to repair torn fabric. I don't see ant reason why it wouldn't work with that.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Tear-Mender-Bish-s-6-Ounce-Original-Tear-Mender-Instant-Fabric-and-Leathe...
1999 Dutch Star DP3884
2015 Camplite 6.8C
2012 Cherokee 39L destination
2022 F350 XL 4x4
07 FLHRS

DSDP_Don
Explorer
Explorer
Call Elements and see if they'll warranty it. Elements is now challenging Adco for their top spot in covers. Adco has been giving one new cover under warranty when theirs tears. Once yo receive the new cover, the warranty is over. So basically two for one. My neighbor just went through this with Adco.
Don & Mary
2019 Newmar Dutch Star 4018 - All Electric
2019 Ford Raptor Crew Cab

twainharteartis
Explorer
Explorer
I found some patchs that came with the cover and used them and some duct tape and it worked good. thanks everyone.

KansasRV
Explorer
Explorer
mike brez wrote:

works for everything!