cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Heart attack,

Supercharged
Explorer
Explorer
The wife and I went back to Sioux Falls to put her folks in a care center and clean out the house and have a estate sale.
Done, ready to come home. 4 am pain under right arm, across top of chess.I tought I broke a supercharger belt.
Off to Sandord Hoispital, hour later on the table, two by pass. Now in Phoenix, Az. I won, I under stand 75% don't make it to the hospital.
So big a world, so little time to see.
15 REPLIES 15

NEHOG
Explorer
Explorer
From someone who's CABGx3, Stentx3 (or four, I've lost count...) CHF and a few other things there is life for one who had heart problems. I keep as active as I possibly can, and most importantly: Go to cardiac rehab. Do at least stage 2, and if you can find a way, go with a maintenance program.
My name is Peter, and I'm never growing up.
(Holiday Rambler 40 DFD)

Supercharged
Explorer
Explorer
Charlie D. wrote:
Supercharged wrote:
Charlie D. wrote:
Sorry to hear about your health Kent. Follow the doctors advise. Good luck on your recovery
Two weeks before I went back to S.D. I had a ecohgram and a stress test, looked great, never know. Went in for five surgury and recovery, looked up and both my daughts were stand there. Pays to send those large xmas checks each year.
Riding home in pickup 1500 miles with wife driving is about as bad as chest pain.

Glad you still have your sense of humor. Now that you are recovering you can do more posting. So many new members here that need educating on diesels and 4 wheel drives that they don't need.
Normaly class don't start in Nov.
I will have to see how many I can fit in the next class.

Charlie_D_
Explorer
Explorer
Supercharged wrote:
Charlie D. wrote:
Sorry to hear about your health Kent. Follow the doctors advise. Good luck on your recovery
Two weeks before I went back to S.D. I had a ecohgram and a stress test, looked great, never know. Went in for five surgury and recovery, looked up and both my daughts were stand there. Pays to send those large xmas checks each year.
Riding home in pickup 1500 miles with wife driving is about as bad as chest pain.

Glad you still have your sense of humor. Now that you are recovering you can do more posting. So many new members here that need educating on diesels and 4 wheel drives that they don't need.
Enjoying Your Freedom?
Thank A Veteran
Native Texan
2013 Prime Time Crusader 330MKS
2018 Chevy 2500 D/A Z71 4x4 Offroad
2006 Holiday Rambler Savoy 33SKT-40,000 trouble free miles-retired
2006 Chevy 2500 D/A-retired
2013 Chevy 2500 D/A-retired

Bird_Freak
Explorer II
Explorer II
Glad you got help fast. I have been a member of the club since April 2016 Had a stroke and two days later a heart attack. Glad I was in hospital when heart attack happened.
Take care of yourself and do your rehab.
Eddie
03 Fleetwood Pride, 36-5L
04 Ford F-250 Superduty
15K Pullrite Superglide
Old coach 04 Pace Arrow 37C with brakes sometimes.
Owner- The Toy Shop-
Auto Restoration and Customs 32 years. Retired by a stroke!
We love 56 T-Birds

Supercharged
Explorer
Explorer
Charlie D. wrote:

Charlie_D_
Explorer
Explorer
Enjoying Your Freedom?
Thank A Veteran
Native Texan
2013 Prime Time Crusader 330MKS
2018 Chevy 2500 D/A Z71 4x4 Offroad
2006 Holiday Rambler Savoy 33SKT-40,000 trouble free miles-retired
2006 Chevy 2500 D/A-retired
2013 Chevy 2500 D/A-retired

punomatic
Explorer
Explorer
Lexx wrote:
Just my two cents. I would consider carrying an AED on board if you have heart issues. They're not very expensive nowadays and readily available. And when help is many minutes away, an AED (automatic external defibrillator) could save your life.

Good luck with your recovery!
Neither DW nor I have any known heart issues, but we carry an AED. I figure we could have an event, and if we don't, some other geezer out camping near us could have. Statistically, survival rates with AED are about 10 times greater than with CPR alone.
DW and Me
2016 Riverside White Water Retro 195
2014 Nissan Titan SL Crew Cab
Formerly, I used to work for the department of redundancy department.

Life in Black and Blue

Irover
Explorer
Explorer
Had my WidowMaker the end of march 2012! The hospital did two stents in the left coronary artery and one in the right. I do have infarct damage to the lower left ventricle! Follow the Drs. advice. Meds, low salt and sugar use! exercise as soon as possible!
Was a candidate for the zipper but the hospital I went to only had stents available and no time to send me elsewhere as i had about 10 minutes before permanent lights out!
I grateful to my Maker every morning I open my eyes and no shortness of breath! Get a slight pain every now and then. Was prescribed Nitro for emergencies!

36guy
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, been there done that. I was smart enough, or lucky enough to go to the hospital when the little man inside me told me something bad was happening. There a trauma nurse saved my life, I have no history of cholesterol, high blood pressure, nothing, but a clot big enough to kill me made it's way to my heart, and just about did, an experience I don't wish to repeat.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Weight is the cause for so much sickness and inability to enjoy life, Earl.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

mama_sylvia
Explorer
Explorer
You were smart to ACT when you had symptoms! Most people who die, die within the first 6 hours while denying they are ill.

I don't have a zipper but I sure have cleaned a lot of new ones!
1988 Winnebago Superchief 27'

Earl_E
Explorer
Explorer
Me, too! I won when the Doc told my wife, as I was going into surgery, that I probably wouldn't make it. But I got religion in rehab and will never go back to my old ways of eating. I'm no purist but I sure watch by weight, after losing 30 # because I want to keep RVing at every opportunity.
2007 Northwoods Arctic Fox 32 5S Fifth Wheel used for fulltiming for several years--SOLD
2014 Sunnybrook 26rl to poke around the smaller parks in the great Southwest
2007 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Diesel
Prodigy brake control

Lexx
Explorer
Explorer
Just my two cents. I would consider carrying an AED on board if you have heart issues. They're not very expensive nowadays and readily available. And when help is many minutes away, an AED (automatic external defibrillator) could save your life.

Good luck with your recovery!
2017 Ruby Red Platinum F450 - my kids call her "Big Red"
2018 Grand Design Reflection 28bh

ol__yeller
Explorer II
Explorer II
Times 2 on the above. I am also a member of the "Zipper Club". I too was one of the "lucky" ones. I was amazed at how many in my cardiac rehab group didn't get the religion and returned to their old, bad ways only weeks after their event. My recovery was much tougher because I also ruptured my heart between the chambers and still have a damaged heart but I am up and walking every day 7 years later. I still can hold my Grandkids and care for my Quadriplegic wife. Life is good, especially when you consider the alternative. Good luck in your recovery!
I am NOT a mechanic although I do play one in my garage!