cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1970 Appleby tent trailer

RedRaider44
Explorer
Explorer
In the process of restoring a 1970 Appleby tent trailer that's been passed down from my grandfather to my father to me. Lots of good camping trips when I was younger, and when I get this project finished, I hope to make some more memories with my kids and their spouses.
After all of these years, I was worried that the canvas was going to be dry rotted, but after setting it up, I have only had to replace the front zipper. The rest of the canvas seems to be ok. Two new tires on repacked wheel bearings, 2 new mattresses, and a good clean up was all that it needed for now. The lights even worked the first time I hooked up to my pickup.
Will get it tagged soon, and then for the first camping trip in the little Apple in 45 years.
Can't wait.
vfuf
Steven
1970 Appleby Tent Camper
2019 Grand Design Transcend 26 RLS
2014 F-150 CC 3.5 Ecoboost
9 REPLIES 9

GeorgeNJ
Explorer
Explorer
WOW, what a great legacy piece to have, lots more memories to make & generations to pass it onto, too. 🙂

jerem0621
Explorer II
Explorer II
Nice! I think you need a bigger truck :B
TV-2022 Silverado 2WD
TT - Zinger 270BH
WD Hitch- HaulMaster 1,000 lb Round Bar
Dual Friction bar sway control

It’s Kind of Fun to do the Impossible
~Walt Disney~

gheicher
Explorer
Explorer
K Mac wrote:
I was just wondering ,how much does it weigh ?, it might be doable behind my bike.

K_Mac
Explorer
Explorer
ScottG wrote:
Nice, I'm surprised someone with a GoldWing hasn't scarfed that up. Would be a great fit.
I was just wondering ,how much does it weigh ?, it might be doable behind my bike.

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Nice, I'm surprised someone with a GoldWing hasn't scarfed that up. Would be a great fit.

gheicher
Explorer
Explorer
Looks very similar to my 1970s "Allstate", sold by Sears but made by Nimrod. The bed supports on mine were attached to the trailer frame which was convenient but caused the frame to flex and the rear door would not stay latched. On yours the beds are supported by the ground, which I believe should be better. Regardless, we drug that camper all over the east coast from Massachusetts to Florida, sometimes with a VW Bug - Lots of great memories.

ben31rv
Explorer
Explorer
Nice! Have fun in it!
Ben and Doreen
2017 Crusader 315RST
2008 F250 6.4 Supercrew Lariat

RedRaider44
Explorer
Explorer
Here is the trailer set up....

Steven