cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brain fart

raychris1
Explorer
Explorer
Today I went and picked up my tent trailer at the shop. They replaced a electrical element in my fridge. I thought I checked all my pre tow duties. Obviously I halfa**ed one. I get 1/2 mile down the road and I heard a funny sound from the trailer. I looked back and saw the front of my trailer going up and down. I knew right away the trailer was not fully attached to the ball. I tried to coast the truck until I could get it to stop without touching the brake but I was to close to a red light. At that point the trailer came all the way off the ball and the chains was the only thing keeping it from dragging or hitting my truck. I realized at that point that when I lowered the trailer and moved the truck slightly to seat the trailer on the ball that it had not seated all the way. This time I made sure that the trailer was firmly attached to the ball. You would think after many years of towing utility, tent, and travel trailers you would not make such a bone headed mistake. Well live and learn. No harm no foul.
Ray and Chris
2022 Open Roads 26BH
2013 F-150
3 REPLIES 3

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II
Aren't you glad you crossed those safety chains!!

Whoo-hoo

No harm..no foul

Next time replace the fridge heater element yourself...not that tough of a job .
Then no extra towing to/from dealer :B
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

nineoaks2004
Explorer
Explorer
I always check that my unit is hooked up and then I put a padlock thru to be sure it stays that way. Sounds like you were lucky and nothing was hurt.
By the time you learn the rules of life
You're to old to play the game

azrving
Explorer
Explorer
Stuff happens to everyone at some time. Is the adjuster tight enough and locking in place?