Explorer
Explorer
has anyone installed the king replacement antenae
10 REPLIES 10

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
NascarBobnBeth wrote:
there are several models of the king jack antenna which model number are you using?

There are only two versions of King Jack antenna sold - a replacement head which will replace a Winegard Sensar head by mounting directly to the Winegard elevating base OR the complete Jack antenna which doesn't elevate but includes a signal finder. If contemplating the change from a Sensar to a King Jack one should be aware the Jack works best in the UHF range - fine for now as that's where most stations transmit after the change to digital transmission from analogue a few years ago but with proposals afoot to move some of these transmissions back to the VHF bands the Jack will be disappointingly ineffective. It's also a fallacy that the Jack is "better" - rather it's wider acceptance pattern makes users believe it's more sensitive when the fact is the Winegard Sensar IV, used properly, is arguably the best there is in terms of sensitivity. And yes, I've personally used both and currently run a Sensar IV powered with a Winegard SignalPro which is far superior to the Jack's simplistic signal finder. Personally, if I cared enough about watching OTA television I'd invest in a Winegard Rayzar Automatic that takes all of the guesswork out of the process and is rated to work just about as well as a Sensar IV. At this price point though I find I really don't care enough to spend that much so I can watch a little television while camping ... perhaps a good thing after all. ๐Ÿ˜‰
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380

NascarBobnBeth
Explorer
Explorer
there are several models of the king jack antenna which model number are you using? tia bob

starlord
Explorer
Explorer
Was at a RV park in MO. Got NO stations on the antenna so just for the heck of it, I put on the Jack. Went from 0 to two, Fox and Gritt. Was so tired of westerns by the end of three days. On another note, got lots of stations in Springfield, MO.

rbpru
Explorer
Explorer
I have replaced my Winegard antenna with a King Jack, but my biggest problem is the Jensen TV. Sometimes the King works best off the back side. I always get better reception with another TV.
Twenty six foot 2010 Dutchmen Lite pulled with a 2011 EcoBoost F-150 4x4.

Just right for Grandpa, Grandma and the dog.

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
I replaced the battwing on our last trailer and installed the King.
we always go camping in the same few places so I was well aware of the reception at each.
The King did much better everywhere, including at home in a metropolitan area.

seaeagle2
Explorer
Explorer
I replaced a Jensen Omnidirectional with a King/Jack. Due to the location of the antenna, I wasn't able to consider a Winegard. The King/Jack was a huge improvement. As an aside, I park my trailer in my carport, the King clears it, but with a Winegard I wouldn't be able to use it in the carport.
2014 F 250 Gasser
2019 Outdoors RV 21RD
"one life, don't blow it", Kona Brewing
"If people concentrated on the really important things in life there'd be a shortage of fishing poles" Doug Larson

nineoaks2004
Explorer
Explorer
I replace the Winegard antenna on my TT with the jack antenna, easy replacement, I used the same cable and antenna booster, I doubled my on air channels with the jack, also the jack lays almost flat
By the time you learn the rules of life
You're to old to play the game

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
Replaced my useless wingaurd with the Jack and it was unbelieveable! My buddy had the same problem with his. He went to the Jack after he seen how much better mine was. Again, it was night and day.

I went from 15 channels in my driveway to over 70!!!! Well worth the money.

People will say there is no difference, but real world use says there is!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
When I bought my RV it had a Winegard Batwing that was not working, I cleaned up all connections and tested to see if it was broken, it was,so I replaced it with a new bat wing then ran a Channel Scan I was not impressed with the amount of channels that I got. This was done in my driveway here in the south bay of So Calif about 30 miles from the transmitters, using my SensarPro.

I then went out and got a Wingman add on, that put my channel scan up to 47,but I had a clearance problem with the Wingman

So I opted to put a Jack on and my channel scan went up to 85

The debate will go on and on, but I know what works best for me,in the real world.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
If you are talking about the King/Jack antenna, replacement for Batwing, I'm sure many have done this. I use a King/Jack on a mast, fastened to my ladder, when my short distance Omni will not do the job.

Jerry