cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Co-Pilot for RV’s

diftw
Explorer
Explorer
Wanted to give some feedback regarding this navigation ap. I downloaded it this summer and used it on a couple of short trips-no problem. Gave it a good test last week as we went to Topsail. I was really pleased with it. I set it up to route us on interstates/dual lane roads as the primary roads to use. It didn’t steer us wrong at all. The Active Traffic option alerted us with a major issue going through Indianapolis and gave us a good option to get around the mess. Used it on an iPhone 6 Plus.
Dave and Anne
2016 Grand Design 337RLS
2015 Ford F350 XLT 6.7l 4x4
Reese Elite 18K Hitch
Rotochocks
Rota Flex by Trail Air Pin Box
Barker 4-wheel 25 gallon tote
Nights Camped in 2009 - 33
2010 - 37
2011 - 31

2012 - 35
2013 - 42
2014 - 45
2015 - 46
2016 - 51
2017 - 43
5 REPLIES 5

Blutoyz
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for this review, I will check it out. I used google on the ipad with good luck on my first trip but already mapped the route with the good sam planner first. It would be nice to remove this extra step
She may be old but she is paid for (the rig that is)

wxtoad
Explorer
Explorer
I had tried the Co-Pilot app a couple of times in the past and found them hard to use. I tried again with a new version that came out about a year ago and have been quite impressed - it's like they threw out the old version completely and started anew from scratch.....and finally got it mostly right. It took a little doing to become familiar with it, but now that I have figured most things out, it works fine. Planning a route is easy as is reviewing and modifying it. It's good at adapting to changes when I don't do what it wants me to. I took them up on an offer to add the voice commands for $7 for lifetime a few years ago and it has remained in effect through various versions. I run it on a LG G6 phone.

Ted H.
2005 Lazy Daze 26.5 Rear Bath
NE13

timjet
Explorer
Explorer
I was going to purchase this app until I read this review from PC Magazine: https://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2497835,00.asp

The review is almost 2 years old so some fixes may have been implemented.
Tampa Bay
'07 American Tradition Cummins ISL
'14 Honda CRV

chiefneon
Explorer
Explorer
Howdy!

We fulltime and I’ve been using Co-pilot for years it’s a great gps app.

“Happy Trails”
Chiefneon

jim1521
Explorer
Explorer
I agree. I have it and use it to double-check my Navigation System in the truck (low bridges, etc.). I also use Google Maps for up-to-the-minute traffic. Google is AMAZINGLY ACCURATE!