Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Is there a toyhauler w/a livingrm?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Toy Haulers

Open Roads Forum  >  Toy Haulers  >  Toy Haulers

> Is there a toyhauler w/a livingrm?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
joebedford

Finally back home in the north

View Profile

Posted: 11/08/17 08:18pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I really don't understand the question. MOST TH's have living rooms. SOME are so small that the toy shares living space.

ckduallie

Oxford, Pa.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/10/17 03:50am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We wanted the same thing and found the Raptor 425ts to our liking.

2016 F350 Platinum, 6.7, 50gal. Titan fuel tank, Air Lift, 24K super glide
2017 Raptor 425TS
2015 CVO Ultra Limited

jneubig

Houma, Louisiana

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/10/17 12:42pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We went into the dealer in July set on the Grand Design 376TH. The floorplan was perfect for what we wanted and I could carry a golf cart in the back with a little modification to the cart's roof. The downfall for us was the lack of a second exterior door. I set up a ramp for my Bassett's on the second door. We went round and round and decided on the Grand Design 395M. Great mid living area seating and we got the second door. Take a look at the floorplan of the 395.

PhilipB

MO

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/10/17 12:53pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ours is like most newer models. The back has drop down sofas and bed and also a carpet that rolls out. Folding table as well. Not sure what you mean exactly.

That said, it's either a garage or a living area. With dirt bikes we roll up carpet and use as garage. For camping without bikes we roll out the rug and set up table.

2015 Ram 2500
2013 Raptor 310TS

JAC1982

Brighton, CO

View Profile

Posted: 11/13/17 01:45pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

When I hear "living room" I think a living room set up like a non-TH 5th wheel might have... stationary couches, recliners, etc. We have a "living area" in our TH, but it's just a 4 seat couch in the open area with the kitchen. Garage is separate, we have the drop down sofas/beds out there. I don't consider either one a "living room", as I wouldn't want to live in them full time [emoticon]

2017 Keystone Impact 351
2017 Ford F350 DRW King Ranch
2015 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5 Eco-Boost
2016 Ford Explorer Sport 3.5 Eco-Boost
2015 Polaris RZR 900S

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 11/13/17 04:04pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JAC1982 wrote:

When I hear "living room" I think a living room set up like a non-TH 5th wheel might have... stationary couches, recliners, etc. We have a "living area" in our TH, but it's just a 4 seat couch in the open area with the kitchen. Garage is separate, we have the drop down sofas/beds out there. I don't consider either one a "living room", as I wouldn't want to live in them full time [emoticon]
Exactly how we felt. We wanted a living room when the toys are out, not a separate room that we can use as kind of more room, but not part of the living area. We have a full size living room, with reclining love seat, sofa, dining area, entertainment center with 40" TV, and room to dance around if we want to. [emoticon]

Fulltiming in our toyhauler is eminently doable.

Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Bob E.

Canonsburg, PA

View Profile

Posted: 11/14/17 06:08am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I can't seem to find it again, but I had run across a toy hauler that held a motorcycle in the slide-out and the back of the trailer was all finished living room. It looked perfect for those that only want to carry a motorcycle rather than dedicating so much room for a "garage" for ATV's and SxS's.

Maybe someone can identify the camper.

Y-Guy

Tri-Cities, WA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/14/17 08:39am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bob E. wrote:

I can't seem to find it again, but I had run across a toy hauler that held a motorcycle in the slide-out

Those seemed short lived, I don't think anyone is making them now. Evergreen Alpha Gold was one (they are now out of business) and I think there was another. Over the years there have been several non-standard garage styles of Toy Haulers none of them seem to last long I think the market niche must be to small to support them, but some very creative ideas.

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J
2007 Four Winns Horizon 190
2011 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 11/14/17 09:39am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I think part of the problem with the non-standard garage styles is the dealers aren't informed about them. Our local dealer had no idea Keystone made a toyhauler like ours. He carried the Raptor and other Fuzions, but had no idea about the 383. You can't sell what you don't know even exists.

We've talked to other people that think it is a great idea, and one couple we talked to was going to buy one without seeing it in person. In fact they traveled from Ohio to Knoxville to buy it, but it was already sold...to us.

tinner12002

Lafayette Ind

View Profile

Posted: 11/24/17 06:57am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I guess I really didn't understand the question either. Nearly all toy haulers I've seen have a living room but it is also part of the kitchen. What it sounded like was the OP was wanting a garage that was also part of the living area maybe, non dedicated garage model. Those with the dedicated or separate garage usually have carpet that covers the garage floor so the room can be used as a living area when toys are out or rolled up when toys are in.

2015 Ram 3500/DRW/Aisin/auto/Max tow/4.10s,Cummins, stock Laramie Limited--Silver
Tequila Sunrise 2012 Ultra Classic Limited
2018 Raptor 428SP

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Toy Haulers  >  Toy Haulers

> Is there a toyhauler w/a livingrm?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Toy Haulers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS