Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2017 Raptor Toy Hauler, cable tv connections

deereequipment
Explorer
Explorer
Hi all.
Just picked up ours yesterday.
Of course the manual that comes with it is so generic.

Mine toyhauler has 3 coaxial ends (jack?) where I would hook up the cable tv from the campground.
I have 3 tvs inside, and there is a jack in the storage area for an outside tv.
I thought maybe a jack for each tv inside, but then there's the outside jack.

Do all 3 of the hook ups need to be attached to the cable supply?
Like should I tie all 3 together so the one cable from the campground will run all my tvs?

If it's just one of the 3 jacks that I need to hook to, which one?? (Mine aren't labeled).

Thanks.
10 REPLIES 10

tinner12002
Explorer
Explorer
On my Raptor, there are 3 connections, 2 are for sat connections based on what tv you have your receiver hooked to and the 3rd connection is for cable which also runs through the tv booster. My RV is at the dealer having slide toppers put on or I'd go see how they are labeled. I was trying to remember...thinking cable was the middle connection. What model did you get?
2015 Ram 3500/DRW/Aisin/auto/Max tow/4.10s,Cummins, stock Laramie Limited--Silver
Tequila Sunrise 2012 Ultra Classic Limited
2018 Raptor 428SP

1L243
Explorer II
Explorer II
I might help if you could post a picture of what your cable connection plate looks like outside and inside at main tv?
2017 Coleman 300tq by Dutchman Toy Hauler. 34.5 feet long and under 10k Gross. 500 watt Solar 2000 watt Inverter, 1999 Ford F250 2WD 7.3 4R100 DP Tuner, S&B Cold Air Intake, Gauges, 6.0 Trans Cooler, Air Bags.

deereequipment
Explorer
Explorer
I have a labeler.
Just don't know what to label them. LOL.

dedmiston
deereequipment wrote:
The dealer says they are supposed to be labeled.
Mine aren't.

Can anyone tell me how theirs is labeled?

I had to borrow a labeler from work for stuff like this. I emailed photos of my rig to my builder (Crossroads), and then they marked up my photos and sent them back to me.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

deereequipment
Explorer
Explorer
We've owned 4 other trailers, and they all have had one for satellite, and one for cable.

This Raptor has 3 ports to hook a coaxial cable up to. Lined up and down. Top, middle, and bottom.
The dealer called the rep. Rep says all should be labeled. Mine aren't.
Dealer said to do trial and error. SO I have to hook up, wait 20 minutes for the tv to search for channels, then figure out which one is for cable???

Just thought someone might have a 2017 Raptor and could tell me what their's says.

deereequipment
Explorer
Explorer
The dealer says they are supposed to be labeled.
Mine aren't.

Can anyone tell me how theirs is labeled?

Carlos___Ranae
Explorer
Explorer
Our 2017 Seismic came with 4 televisions, three inside and one on the side patio. When using campground cable we plug it into the utility compartment jack and all televisions pick up the signal.
Carlos & Ranae
2017 Seismic 4212
2012 Dodge Ram, 3500 Laramie Longhorn
4X4, DWR, Pullrite 18KSuperslide Hitch
2006 Yamaha Midnight Silverado, 1700 CC

Mike_LA
Explorer
Explorer
deereequipment wrote:
Mine toyhauler has 3 coaxial ends (jack?) where I would hook up the cable tv from the campground.
Your RV will have a CABLE INPUT jack on the street-side(left side). This is where you will connect the campground Cable Input. It may look like one of these below.

deereequipment wrote:
I have 3 tvs inside, and there is a jack in the storage area for an outside tv.
I thought maybe a jack for each tv inside, but then there's the outside jack.
Do all 3 of the hook ups need to be attached to the cable supply?
Like should I tie all 3 together so the one cable from the campground will run all my tvs?
If it's just one of the 3 jacks that I need to hook to, which one?? (Mine aren't labeled).
Thanks.

One TV location will have a wall plate that looks like this. It may be White or Black.

TV Jack Connection PDF
Mike
--------------------------------------------------------
2006 Chevy Silverado 2500HD CC/LBZ Duramax
2017 Hyper Lite XLR 26HFS

Previous Trailers:
2003 Aerolite 24RK
2006 Rockwood 3115SS TT
2006 Rockwood 8283SS FW
2005 Jayco Talon ZX24E
2012 Sunnybrook 26FBS

dedmiston
Try flipping the Signal Booster switch to see if that makes a difference. I think the booster interferes with the cable signal.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

nayther
Explorer
Explorer
one is direct through for campground cable, one is for satellite, don't know what the third one is for. The direct through should be split for all TV's, the satellite will just go to the one port where you would put your satellite receiver.

That's my guess. You could wring them out with a volt meter.
DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX