Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Toy Haulers: Toy Hauler Fuel Tank
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Toy Haulers

Open Roads Forum  >  Toy Haulers  >  Toy Haulers

> Toy Hauler Fuel Tank

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next
golfman

Sanger CA

View Profile

Posted: 11/08/17 06:04pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ok, I have a 2006 Thor 277 Vortex toy hauler. My generator recently stopped running and I discovered that it was not getting any gas. I hooked a 3 foot fuel line up to the fuel pump on my onan 4000 generator and put it in a gas can. The generator ran just fine. So this means my fuel line is clogged or something. Next I took the tank off the toy hauler and discovered that the clog seems to be in a 90 degree fitting on the top of the tank where my fuel line hooks up. I need information on this fitting, if I take it off will something drop inside my tank? Is there another fuel filter hooked to the fitting inside my tank or is there just an open line? Can I take part of the fitting off and check the line inside the tank?

I have forgotten how to post images.....little help please?

2006 Vortex 277 Toyhauler, 2000 Chevy Crew Cab 454 One Ton long bed 2wheel drive.
2004 Polaris predator
2005 YFZ450 Special Edition
2006 Yamaha 700
2005 Yamaha Rhino SidexSide 4wd with locking diff.
2000 Honda XR200
2000 Honda XR250

azdryheat

Tucson, AZ

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/08/17 06:19pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Disconnect the fuel line at the carb and use compressed air to blow out the line.

2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2011 Harley Ultra Limited

DennisVR

NorCal

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/08/17 06:24pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I believe that fitting at the top of the tank is a one way check valve to keep the gas from bleeding back to the tank. You should be OK to remove it and there should be a pick up tube attached that goes to the bottom of the tank.

golfman

Sanger CA

View Profile

Posted: 11/08/17 06:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Tried that, no luck, I have the tank off and I hooked the air compressor up to the 90 degree fitting and no air will pass through.

golfman

Sanger CA

View Profile

Posted: 11/08/17 06:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DennisVR wrote:

I believe that fitting at the top of the tank is a one way check valve to keep the gas from bleeding back to the tank. You should be OK to remove it and there should be a pick up tube attached that goes to the bottom of the tank.

That makes sense, I just don’t want to drop anything in the tank. I

newman fulltimer

louisiana

View Profile

Posted: 11/08/17 09:17pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

buy a new fuel cap the old one quit venting

take the cap off the genn will run

Y-Guy

Tri-Cities, WA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/08/17 09:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

golfman wrote:

A fast and easy way to include a photo in a forum post. Just drag-n-drop a photo, and copy-n-paste the image link in your message post. Uploads photos directly to IMGUR.com servers. Automatically resizes photos to the max recommended by the Open Roads Forum. Includes a thumbnail preview, and also provides an optional link to permanently delete the photo. The WebApp is available at http://photoposting.is-great.net

ejmorgan

Dixon, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/09/17 11:06am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I believe that most Toy Hauler gas tanks (mine included) have the generator fuel pickup rigged so that the generator runs out fuel when the gas level drops to 1/4 full. This makes sense with a motor-home. They don't want the generator to run the tank dry, leaving the motor-home out-of-gas and unable to drive to a gas station. It makes no sense for a travel-trailer, like mine, to have this feature. However, I think ALL toy-hauler rigs use the same fuel tank design. That way, the manufacturers don't have to stock two different types of fuel tanks on the assembly line.

Ed

Ed and Susan Morgan
TT -- 2014 Pacific Coachworks Powerlite 23FBX toy hauler travel trailer
TV -- 2004 Ford E-350 Extended Van, 6.8L V10, 4-spd. Automatic OD, 3.73 rear axle.
Generator -- Onan 4000

Avatar -- Jalama Beach, Lompoc, CA.

dedmiston

Valencia

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/09/17 01:39pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

golfman wrote:

Ok, I have a 2006 Thor 277 Vortex toy hauler. My generator recently stopped running and I discovered that it was not getting any gas. I hooked a 3 foot fuel line up to the fuel pump on my onan 4000 generator and put it in a gas can. The generator ran just fine. So this means my fuel line is clogged or something. Next I took the tank off the toy hauler and discovered that the clog seems to be in a 90 degree fitting on the top of the tank where my fuel line hooks up. I need information on this fitting, if I take it off will something drop inside my tank? Is there another fuel filter hooked to the fitting inside my tank or is there just an open line? Can I take part of the fitting off and check the line inside the tank?

Dude! Where ya been???? Long time, no see.

I hope you are well. Sorry to hear about your fuel issue. There's always wind power, right?

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. AISIN trans & 4.10 rear. B&W RVK3600 hitch • 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") • Hooligan #3

Toys:
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

The Edmistons

golfman

Sanger CA

View Profile

Posted: 11/09/17 04:09pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Y-Guy wrote:

golfman wrote:

A fast and easy way to include a photo in a forum post. Just drag-n-drop a photo, and copy-n-paste the image link in your message post. Uploads photos directly to IMGUR.com servers. Automatically resizes photos to the max recommended by the Open Roads Forum. Includes a thumbnail preview, and also provides an optional link to permanently delete the photo. The WebApp is available at http://photoposting.is-great.net

Tried that no luck??

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Toy Haulers  >  Toy Haulers

> Toy Hauler Fuel Tank
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Toy Haulers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2017 CWI, Inc. © 2017 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS