Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

escapees

jackbuck
Explorer
Explorer
is the texas escapees a good thing? to join
jackbuck ,2016 Arctic Fox 29-5-k ,2004 chev 3500 crew with 8100gas,Virginia.One great wife two trailor dogs,9 boys and 2 of the other kind.,all on their own, empty nest. its hard to see the picture when you are inside the frame.
15 REPLIES 15

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
tjfogelberg wrote:
Joined this year and stayed in the co-op in Wachula FL and the Rainbow (owned) parks in Summerdale Alabama and Livingston Texas. Very glad I joined and will continue. The dry camp option is not only very economical but more convenient when just stopping for a night.

Now you need to visit the Benson, AZ, Jojoba Hills, Aguanga, CA and Chimacum, WA parks! They are tops!!
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

tjfogelberg
Explorer
Explorer
Joined this year and stayed in the co-op in Wachula FL and the Rainbow (owned) parks in Summerdale Alabama and Livingston Texas. Very glad I joined and will continue. The dry camp option is not only very economical but more convenient when just stopping for a night.

DouglasC
Explorer
Explorer
We've belonged to all the major RV Clubs, FMCA, Good Sams and Escapees. For us, Escapees is the best; most friendly folks, best RV parks, Chapters all over the country to get involved in and of course the reason many folks join Escapees, the best mail forwarding service in the county! And don't forget the Escapades (large RV rallies) and RVers Boot Camp for newbies. Also a 1st class magazine published 6 times a year - - and all for $39.95/yr (Escapades and Boot Camp do cost an additional fee.)
Doug
2006 Jayco Greyhawk Model 27DS
Towing 2019 Ford Fusion Energi with Brake Buddy

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
Dennis12 wrote:
I never heard of joining they always just took me but when you are issued your clothing what way will the strips run. Horizontally will make you look fat.

Some of us appreciated that ๐Ÿ™‚
Puma 30RKSS

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, it is worth it to join.... we've been members for 20+ years. We used their mail service for 18 years. We have made many lasting friendships through this organization.
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

ncrowley
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, I think they are worth joining. The magazine is the best out there, in my opinion. I attended one rally and found the people warm and inviting. The whole rally had a homey feel.
Nancy
Newmar Northern Star

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
We spend 4-6 weeks each winter at the Escapees owned Sumter Oaks RV Park near Bushnell, FL. The members pricing averages out to about $14/night for our full hookup site including metered electric on the monthly rate. We've also stayed at the Escapees RV parks near Heiskell (Knoxville), TN and Hollister (Branson), MO at similar rates. The Escapees members tend to be a great bunch of friendly folks, and in my opinion, the club magazine alone is worth the $40/year membership fee. Everything else is just a bonus... ๐Ÿ˜‰

Check it out!

Escapees RV Club Home
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

Dennis12
Explorer
Explorer
I never heard of joining they always just took me but when you are issued your clothing what way will the strips run. Horizontally will make you look fat.
Dennis Hoppert

Earl_E
Explorer
Explorer
Most of their parks are bare bones but far more reasonably priced than others. The workers are all great. If you will be staying in the areas where they have parks it is a bargain. Mail service is also great. Their forum is one of the best around and has very knowledgeable people. I still participate in the forum but no longer belong because we are no longer full time and don't use any of their services.
2007 Northwoods Arctic Fox 32 5S Fifth Wheel used for fulltiming for several years--SOLD
2014 Sunnybrook 26rl to poke around the smaller parks in the great Southwest
2007 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Diesel
Prodigy brake control

Second_Chance
Explorer II
Explorer II
Many Escapees join because they are full-timers and use the Escapees mail and domicile services (as we do). In my opinion, it's a great way to go. There are too many benefits to go into here, but you can read about most of it on the main Escapees web site. We've stayed at about half of the 18 Escapees parks (some are co-op parks, some are "Rainbow" parks that are come-and-go). It's a great group of people with a common interest in life on the road.

Rob
U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
(Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015

azrving
Explorer
Explorer
Great people. Cheap dry camping and dump. I have been to Casa Grande where they let me dry camp without having to disconnect a double tow. I also stayed in the Congress North Ranch park, beautiful cactus garden, clean laundry and trail ride or hike out the back gate. I didn't like the Deming NM park, people are great but too much noise by hwy and train. Also dry camped in Benson and rode down to Tombstone.

The Livingston Tx camp has a lot of spaces and also runs the Care facility which is worth supporting imo.

kerrlakeRoo
Explorer
Explorer
They also offer a mail service that I have never seen anyone in here complaining about. I Know there are plenty of folks using it, but it appears to work. So nobody screams about it.
What specifically were you looking for input on?

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
jackbuck wrote:
is the texas escapees a good thing? to join

Depends on what you want from it. First off it is a club which owns a few campgrounds, and through group purchasing power has some benefits available to members.

It is a good club with great rallies and also has its own forum.
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

rav
Explorer
Explorer
I think so.