Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: 2018 Southeast Truck Camper Gathering - APR 13-15
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Rallies, Shows and Gatherings

Open Roads Forum  >  Rallies, Shows and Gatherings

> 2018 Southeast Truck Camper Gathering - APR 13-15

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Next
GoinThisAway

middle TN

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/09/17 07:00pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Who: Truck Camper owners and enthusiasts
What: An opportunity to visit with fellow truck campers
Where: Smoky Bear Campground between Cosby and Gatlinburg, TN
When: April 13-15, 2018
How: Reserve your site by calling the campground then either post here or send me a PM to say you're coming

There'll be an icebreaker with potluck snacks Friday evening, a rig open house Saturday morning, a potluck supper followed by entertainment Saturday evening, and a farewell breakfast Sunday morning. If you get there early plan on gathering around the fire pit Thursday evening and cooking a few burgers and dogs.

If you've never been to Smoky Bear CG, it's a small family owned and operated facility. The 30A back-in sites are gravel; the 50A pull thru sites are concrete. Be aware that Sites 34, 35, & 36 are a bit on the primitive side and some road noise intrudes on the sites that back up to the highway. But other than that the sites and campground facilities are excellent. The grounds are nicely decorated. The bath house and laundry are spotless. We'll have exclusive use of the clubhouse with its refrigerator, stove, sink, grill, and gathering space (except during the Saturday night entertainment and Sunday breakfast when all campers are welcome). Best of all are our hosts: Klaire, Patrick, and, if we're lucky, Chong. I didn't negotiate a special rate with Smoky Bear but tell them you're attending the SETC Gathering and use your usual AAA, Good Sam, or other discount.

More details will be posted as time goes by. But for now, get on the phone and reserve your site! It's a small campground and will fill up fast.

* This post was edited 11/19/17 07:38pm by GoinThisAway *

2008 Dodge 3500 DRW 4x4
2008 Bigfoot 25C10.4
Torklift/Fastguns/Hellwig/StableLoads

Mobile Island

Arkansas Ozarks

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/10/17 08:14am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Reservation made, beginning Thursday evening. Looking forward to it!

Gail

2011 F350 6.7L Diesel, 4x4, SRW, CC, SB, King Ranch
2018 Hallmark Milner
2003 Sportsmobile E350 6.8L V10, Voyager top, 4x2 (sold)
2008 Winnebago Access 22B, E350, 5.4L V8 (sold)

kohldad

Goose Creek, SC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/10/17 01:37pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Linda and I have reserved Site 34 next to the fire pit arriving Th and departing Sun. Will definitely be there in time for diner Th night.

2015 Ram 3500 4x4 Crew Cab SRW 6.4 Hemi LB 3.73 (12.4 hand calc avg mpg after 66,000 miles with camper)
2004 Lance 815 (prev: 2004 FW 35'; 1994 TT 30'; Tents)

Gulf Coast Gypsies

Blountville, TN

View Profile

Posted: 11/11/17 10:11am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We reserved site 27. Will be ariving early on Wednesday April 11th to visit with friends and do a little sightseeing. Looking forward to seeing everyone again! Thanks for being the wagonmaster again Phylis!

Darryl & Kathy
2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins 4 door HO DRW Automatic,
Airbags, Rancho 9000X, Tracvision L5 Satellite Dish, Pac Brake

2012 Chalet TS116
2006 Honda AWD CRV (Stowmaster AllTerrain Carmounted tow bar Model #5500502)
Zack the Security Cat

LannyV

Pennsylvania

View Profile

Posted: 11/11/17 12:20pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Reservations made Site 42 arriving 4/12 departing 4/15. Looking for a GREAT time again!!!!

KB3BV
2009 Dodge 3500 Quad Cab Diesel 4x4
2017 Northern Lite 10’2 EX CD SE
Tork Lift Mounts and SuperHitch
22' Grady-White boat with 225 Yamaha
2012 Cam Am Spyder
2014 7x16 Car-Mate Trailer

Sango

Texas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/11/17 04:27pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Reserved site 22. Arriving the 11th. Can’t wait to see everyone.

* This post was edited 11/12/17 09:14am by Sango *

2007 3500 Dodge Laramie DRW 4 X 4
2018 3500 Dodge Laramie DRW 4 X 4
2019 Bigoot 25C10.4

Ramp Digger

Hiawassee Ga

View Profile

Posted: 11/11/17 05:20pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Reserved site #29. Plan on being there Friday afternoon.Can't wait to see you-all again along with meeting the new folks. Prayers for safe travel for all.

05 dodge 3500 cummins diesel, 8.5 alaskan on flatbed

GoinThisAway

middle TN

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/12/17 10:51am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

*** I've been asked about announcing this event elsewhere. I ask that you please DON'T do so. Announcing this just on RV.NET, there were 18 rigs at the first gathering and 24 rigs at the second gathering. Bigger isn't always better which is where the small size of the campground is an advantage [emoticon] It's an open campground so of course inviting a friend or two to come along is fine. Just please no announcements on Facebook, Truck Camper Magazine, etc. I'd rather folks attending be able to "meet" each other here and for me to be able to share what little organization is involved here. ***

billyg

huntersville nc

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/17/17 10:31am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hi the smallest camper at the ball will be there in site 35 staying 12-15. Bill & Liz

GoinThisAway

middle TN

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/19/17 08:43pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hi Guys & Gals,

Sorry for the delay in welcoming everyone. Been busy with work, home, and the horse rescue. This the time for craft fairs where we raise money to buy hay for the winter so I've been busy with the wine corks. I had enough this year to try some garlands and they came out pretty good if I may say so myself.

Mobile Island - Welcome to the group, Gail. We look forward to meeting you. You won't have too far to travel from the Ozarks. But you'll be driving the long way through Tennessee. Give me a shout by PM if you'll be passing through the Nashville area on the way.

kohldad - Since you've got the closest site to the fire pit, you're in charge of getting the fire started THU night [emoticon]

GulfCoastGypsies - Are you sure you can make that LONG drive down to Smoky Bear? Looking forward to seeing Zack ... and you two ... too [emoticon]

LannyV - Welcome back, you ham [emoticon] You're son is welcome to join us if he's still in the area.

Sango - Glad to see you'll be able to make it again. Be sure to bring some tall Texas tales with you!

Ramp Digger - Whooeee! I can already taste them ramps! Hope the weather is favorable for an early crop.

billyg - That CampLite hasn't grown up yet?

With a couple more I've heard from by PM, that makes 11 of us so far. It's already starting to sound like a good gathering!

Phyllis

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Rallies, Shows and Gatherings

> 2018 Southeast Truck Camper Gathering - APR 13-15
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Rallies, Shows and Gatherings

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS