cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Rancho La Mesa, Patzcuaro Heads Up!

Talleyho69
Just got a message from good friends that left San Jose del Tajo in Guadalajara this morning, heading for Rancho la Mesa in Patzcuaro.

Due to bridge repairs, it's closed, at least for now. They just arrived north of Zihuatanejo at a Pemex, at 9:45pm.

More information from anyone, please.
9 REPLIES 9

Tequila
Explorer
Explorer
I was there a couple of days ago, bridge is till out. I used the rv park behind villa patzcuaro. The owner hopes it will be fixed in jan.

reed_cundiff
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 19' Roadtrek with a bustle on the back. There was no problem with this rig. The topes in San Cristobal de las Casas were huge and we cracked some fiberglass at about 0 mph.

reed_cundiff
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 19' Roadtrek with a bustle on the back. There was no problem with this rig. The topes in San Cristobal de las Casas were huge and we cracked some fiberglass at about 0 mph.

rocmoc
Explorer
Explorer
I believe the problem is going around the right side of the building out front after you turn off the street. That was our concern when we were there a couple of years ago.

rocmoc n AZ
rocmoc n Great SouthWest USA

Talleyho69
The turn off of the street is just a normal 90 degree turn.

reed_cundiff
Explorer
Explorer
Churchs' has noted that bigger rigs can do it but it seemed as if it might be a tight turn off the street. We plan to spend two or more weeks there on the way north after Yucatan
Reed and Elaine

Talleyho69
We take our 27' class A in with no problems to Villa Patzcuaro and have seen 40 footers in there. Love it!

reed_cundiff
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 19' Roadtrek and found Villa Patzcuaro quite nice. Would not want to take a large fifth wheel there. We liked Patzcuaro so much this last year that we plan to spend several weeks there on the way back to US.Birding was great
Reed and Elaine

Belgique
Explorer
Explorer
We love that place. Hope it is just temporary. Warning to first timers: GPS might route you through town and in via the lake side. Don't do that in an RV! We used it all the time in the car but that is it.
Hickory, NC
2007 Fleetwood Discovery 40X