newman_fulltime
Explorer
Explorer
to all veterans out there.
12 REPLIES 12

Blazing_Zippers
Explorer II
Explorer II
My daughter in law was in Desert Storm, and I will add that she is a good looking lady. A few years ago, a local school here held a service to honor veterans. One portion of the event was where a couple young students gave all the attending veterans a flower. Our DIL was dressed in a dress and heels---the young girl handing out the flowers stopped and pulled back her flower when she reached our DIL--she apparently had never seen a lady veteran. The teacher prompted the student to award the flower, but the little girl just stood there, looking up at this beautiful lady. Finally, DIL received the flower.
Thank you.

jamesu
Explorer
Explorer
Nice to be appreciated. Thank you.

Not so as a young guy when I travelled home in my dress blues after nearly 2 years overseas in 1972. I donโ€™t remember specifics anymore, but I do remember unwelcoming โ€œlooksโ€ at SFO as I transferred planes to get home.

Now I try to say something positive when I see a young guy traveling under orders. Not so back then. It was a different time.
2011 Chevy 2500 Duramax diesel
2019 Timber Ridge 24RLS (Outdoors RV)
Go Cougs!

bigred1cav
Explorer
Explorer
Garry Owen

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Anchors Aweigh. :C

Jim2007
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks to all the vets.jim2oo7
TV: 2016 Dodge 2500 Diesel
Rig: 2013 Heartland, Sundance, 5th wheel

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
As a vet, I want to thank all those serving today, as well as those who served in the past, and those who gave all and will forever remain on duty.
I also want to thank everyone for their supportive appreciation.
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thank you all, from a veteran. To my fellow vets, thank you for being a brother in battle.
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

Thank You to ALL our veterans!!

While eating at our usual place we noticed an elderly man by himself a few times. HE always wears a Korean War Vet hat covered pins. Well he was there again tonight, I grabbed his waiter, took his check and told the waiter to thank the man for his service...

We ALL should try to do this over this weekend...
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

YC_1
Nomad
Nomad
I was invited a few weeks ago to attend a Veterans event at a local school. Juliana, a sweet 12 yr. old asked me to be her guest. Today at the appointed time as all veterans know how to be on time we Veterans were met by young men and women directing traffic and all were smiling and saying, โ€œthank you for your serviceโ€.
Stepping out of my car there were more students and faculty directing us to the Gym. Each of us was warmly greeted and had table assignments.
At each table was a beautifully printed list of each person assigned to the table along with our young hosts name. The tables were decorated and there was a program of events. Drinks were served as if in the finest restaurants.
My dear host Juliana arrived and took her place next to me. She is an absolute delight. The air conditioner had her shivering and the drone they were flying right over us was blowing a hurricane making things worse. She never complained.
Lunch was served with the meals being donated by a local company. Dessert was provided by the culinary class.
A color guard presented the flag and of course we said the pledge. What amazed me is that we had a prayer too.
A drum group provided some lively entertainment and the choir has some amazing talent. The most amazing event was the video presentation made by all the students that had guests. Each student was taped thanking their veterans. Some had moms, dads, uncles and aunts as well as grandpaโ€™s.
Juliana honored me by thanking her โ€œGrandpaโ€ for his service. What an honor that is indeed. From there they all had dance routines to show. The enthusiasm of the students and staff was moving and rewarding.
Juliana rejoined me as a few more songs were sung honoring each service. From there more entertainment followed in the amphitheater. The younger children sang several patriotic songs and thanked us for our service.
Turning to face the parking lot there was a parade with the whole school taking their turns marching by. Each had a flag and were waving at us. Many thanking us as they walked by. These kids really have been taught what Veterans day is supposed to represent.
I could not be prouder of my young hostess and her school. Thank you for such a fantastic tribute.
H/R Endeavor 2008
Ford F150 toad >Full Timers
Certified Senior Electronic Technician, Telecommunications Engineer, Telecommunications repair Service Center Owner, Original owner HR 2008

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
X4. Made sure I thanked the 5 air force gents that were in one of our favorite sandwich shops last Sunday.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
X3. They're the reason we all can enjoy the life we have.
I am very proud to say My Dad was in the Army and was at Pearl Harbor on the day of the attack. Many things from that time stuck with him forever although he never talked about it very much.
He's gone now but now that I am older, I wish I would have asked him more about his service.
And thanked him for it.

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
newman fulltimer wrote:
to all veterans out there.

and a heartfelt X2 from my wife and myself.
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle