cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

US Warranty coverage

bstump
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone used US Warranty for their extended warranty coverage? we are hitting the road for 3 years in our 5th wheel and thinking about a extended warranty. appreciate any comments.
2014 Mobile Suites Estates 39RESB3
Truck - 2016 Ford F-350 Crew Cab Lariat DRW
9 REPLIES 9

bstump
Explorer
Explorer
there certainly are a lot of exclusions in the fine print. slideouts not covered, frame not covered. However, I've already had one AC go out and the water heater, both which would have been covered. but I'm leaning more towards just having fund set aside. Wife would like the warranty for peace of mind. thanks for the input.

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
First off, only the manufacturer can issue a warranty. What you are looking at is an insurance policy with lots of fine print.

Personally I feel a service plan policy is a total waste of money on a trailer. There just isn't that many high ticket items that can fail.

Insurance is to cover things that you cannot afford to cover on your own, I would assume that if you can be on the road for years you must have some personal finances.

That policy may give you some peace of mind, but financially is a poor investment.
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

Ralph_Cramden
Explorer II
Explorer II
They usually have so many disclaimers, exclusions, and other outs for the underwriter, they are essentially worthless, no matter which he underwriter is. They know statistically what breaks and what to exclude. If They do happen to provide any service it's just a by product of their main business which is making money.

As others have said use the money for a Rainey day fund, or invest in tools.
Too many geezers, self appointed moderators, experts, and disappearing posts for me. Enjoy. How many times can the same thing be rehashed over and over?

Jim2007
Explorer
Explorer
I agree with EDD505... I have a extended Warrenty,with another company .. slide out stopped working. the problem was the bracket that holds the motor broke and could not turn the shaft to open the slide. They did not covered the bracket repair. They would covered a motor but that was not broken . .. no more extended Warrenty for me...Jim2007
TV: 2016 Dodge 2500 Diesel
Rig: 2013 Heartland, Sundance, 5th wheel

Edd505
Explorer
Explorer
save your money in a repair fund, call a mobile repair if you need something, you will be money ahead and won't get a that's not cover response when you call. The mobile repair will be happy to have your business.
2015 F350 FX4 SRW 6.7 Crew, longbed - 2017 Durango Gold 353RKT
2006 F350 SRW 6.0 crew longbed sold
2000 F250 SRW 7.3 extended longbed airbags sold
2001 Western Star 4900EX sold
Jayco Eagle 30.5BHLT sold, Layton 24.5LT sold

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
gbopp wrote:
DutchmenSport wrote:
I think discussing legal, civil, criminal law suits and such are against the forum rules. I've seen threads shut down and moderators intervene, especially when a law suit/action was in process.

You might be better to check the Better Business Bureau for complaints against this company. (just suggesting).

The better question would be... Does anyone here use this service and are/were you disappointed in them, their service, or their product?

The OP asked if anyone used US Warranty for their extended warranty coverage. :h
There was no mention civil or criminal lawsuit.

OH C*R*A*P!!!! OK, I've had a very long day at work looking at computer screens. I swear I read "sued".....

My apologies to the OP!

Too lake to edit out my comments. Sometimes, I do step in doo-doo!

:S :S :S

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
DutchmenSport wrote:
I think discussing legal, civil, criminal law suits and such are against the forum rules. I've seen threads shut down and moderators intervene, especially when a law suit/action was in process.

You might be better to check the Better Business Bureau for complaints against this company. (just suggesting).

The better question would be... Does anyone here use this service and are/were you disappointed in them, their service, or their product?

The OP asked if anyone used US Warranty for their extended warranty coverage. :h
There was no mention civil or criminal lawsuit.

bstump
Explorer
Explorer
Just looking to see if anyone is using them and happy or satisfied with their service. However I will check BBB on them as well.

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer