Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Pinery Provincial Park ...... CLOSED!
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing in Canada and Alaska

Open Roads Forum  >  RVing in Canada and Alaska  >  Canada

> Pinery Provincial Park ...... CLOSED!

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
rickm

windsor, Ontario

View Profile

Posted: 12/11/17 03:18am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Three weeks to go till New Years ....latest on the park is, it's now opened for day use, not for Camping. I guess Ontario Parks feels their no safety issues for day use folks who come in, spend a rediculous amount of money to enter the park for the day. This is to cover lost revenue i guess, since there are no campers, no need for excessive staff to clean bathrooms etc. I called the reservation number yesterday( Sunday), asked what the latest is on the park, he had no answers because it's a Sunday. Ontario Parks is being kind enough and giving people who have a reservation a "full" refund! Isn't that nice of them, they are waving the cancellation fees they usually charge! Today, if i have time, am going to call back, and get a phone number for someone who can actually answer my questions, i know the person on the phone yesterday was just doing his job ....but to be honest, i am really getting pissed over this whole situation, it's just not right!
First off, they are of Indian Descent.... there, i said it. Ontario Parks cannot even state that on their website. It's voodoo or something. They believe their forefathers owned the land, well guess what, my forefathers came to Canada hundreds of years ago, were farmers, worked the land down here in SW Ontario, that doesn't mean i need to get everyone off what was one time our property, well, at least we think so. Grow some nads .... go in there and tell them it's time to go. The people who actually work here in Ontario, pay rediculous taxes, pay outrages prices to use the park want to use it. If you or i did this, we'd be in jail right not, or atleast paying a fine. Secondly, if they want to protest, let them, they are at thefront, it's only 3 guys, they don't seem to be doing any harm. We can still use the campground ....isn't that why you have security people driving around in Dodge Chargers thinking they are Robocop ..... case n point, last New Years Eve one stopped at a Yurt across from ours, we thought he knew them, he started getting into a heated discussion about their music, which was no way loud ( i hate when someone camping plays music loud), when he left i went over to them to let them know we did not complain about their music. If this guy feels he needs to be Supercop, than let him do his job and protect us against any Indian attacks! Give me a break. Thirdly, on offering a full refund, i said to the guy yesterday, why is it if we have to cancel, we have to pay a fee? Of course, just doing his job .... sorry, we are only able to offer a full refund. Thse are the same people who, when my brother was dying in a Hospital In Detroit on the long August weekend, and i came home to take a few hours break, an call up to cancel my reservation, i was told since i was supposed to have arrive yesterday (Thursday ), i would have to call the park directly, even after explaining the situation ..... glad i cancelled my camping trip, my brother passed that evening, was able to spend the day with him. Was also lucky it's a Provincial Park we visit frequently, as the woman their knows us, and cancelled the reservation with full refund. I kept a few vacation days to use for the weekend coming up, made changes in what would have been family get togethers etc during the holidays, made arrangements for a person to cover me at work for the few days ahead that we will be there. This is a huge inconvenience, not just for me, but for everyone else involved .... but oh wait, Ontario Parks is kind enough to offer a full refund for cancellation! Thats BS!

2017 Jayflight 26BH Elite

hone eagle

essex ontario canada

View Profile

Posted: 12/13/17 07:06pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

thanks for the update.

2005 Volvo 670 singled freedomline 12 speed
Newmar 34rsks 2008
Hensley trailersaver TSLB2H
directlink brake controller

-when overkill is cheaper-

bcbouy

pitt meadows british columbia

View Profile

Posted: 12/13/17 10:04pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

we're going through the same nonsense over on the west coast.i'm getting really tired of driving 50 to 100 kilometers down a forest service road only to hit a roadblock in the middle of nowhere.happened to us twice this summer.2 provincial parks are unaccessable due to "land claims".

2012 ram 2500 hemi crew cab sb 4x4 2015 northstar 850 sc 14.5 g3 guide custom fly fishing boat

rickm

windsor, Ontario

View Profile

Posted: 12/22/17 11:00pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Posted on Pinery Website tonite that camping is open again! Thank goodness, been waiting all year to do the New Years Eve weekend

JaxDad

Greater Toronto Area

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/23/17 05:43am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Protesting is one thing, protesting in cold winter weather with nobody around is a whole other thing!

The Kroc

Cincinnati

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/23/17 06:20am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks, We will be booking a site for June

rickm

windsor, Ontario

View Profile

Posted: 01/31/18 03:48am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well,on here for 1st time since the New Year. Happy to report, New Years Eve weekend at the Pinery was good. Mother Nature could have eased up a bit on the frigid temps, but she made up for it with the Snow Storm on the saturday afteroon, dumping almost 10" of snow on us throughout the day, making the Park a winter wonderland ..... last few years, between the Pine and Macgregor Point, we saw very little snow, so this more than made up for the 2 prior years. Made for some awesome picture taking! Sure did burn alot of wood on New Years Eve Day. We were outside all day, and the fire kept us warm ( so did the beverages), and needless to say, my darling wife had to wake me at midnight!

Pipeman

Windsor, Ontario,

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/31/18 07:02am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

rickm, just wondering if you had your trailer there? If you did and I'm presuming you did, how the heck did you guys get out of there with all that snow on the ground? Tried to reserve for May but no joy. We stayed in 691 for 10 days last year. Great site to boondock in.So we booked 2 weeks in Waterton Lakes National park in southern Alberta for the end of June. I guess I showed them, eh...lol

Pipeman
Ontario, Canada
35 year Fire Fighter(retired)
VE3PJF

rickm

windsor, Ontario

View Profile

Posted: 01/31/18 06:10pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Pipeman wrote:

rickm, just wondering if you had your trailer there? If you did and I'm presuming you did, how the heck did you guys get out of there with all that snow on the ground? Tried to reserve for May but no joy. We stayed in 691 for 10 days last year. Great site to boondock in.So we booked 2 weeks in Waterton Lakes National park in southern Alberta for the end of June. I guess I showed them, eh...lol

No, my trailer is sitting in the driveway, we rented one of the Yurts. They are awesome. As for the snow, the park stayed right on the snowfall, plowing the roads often, and they have one kick ass driveable snowblower that goes on your site and clears a path for you. There was almost too much snow for the cross country skiers!

691 is a good site ..... if you don't mind the traffic, never have to worry about anyone camping behind you [emoticon]

Jebby14

Windsor Ontario

View Profile

Posted: 02/01/18 12:45pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

im booked for a GIANT family camping trip there this summer. they best not get their skins in a bunch and bugger this up for me.

If it moves and it shouldn't..... duct tape
if it doesn't move and it should.....WD40
if all else fails .....BFH

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RVing in Canada and Alaska  >  Canada

> Pinery Provincial Park ...... CLOSED!
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing in Canada and Alaska

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS