Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Would like an explanation please.
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Forum Technical Support

Open Roads Forum  >  Forum Technical Support

> Would like an explanation please.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Lwiddis

Lonepine, Inyo County, California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/12/17 02:30pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

“and I couldn't cross the street without getting deleted.“ Possibly you didn’t say why you wanted to cross the street, 2oldman?

Let it go, Rock. You tried and it was an honor to serve. And sometime I did get three hots and a cot.

2015 Winnebago 2101DS TT & Chevy Tahoe LTZ, 300 watts WindyNation solar - parallel & MPPT, Trojan T-125s. TALL flagpole for USC & historical flags. Prefer USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, USF&WS, state & county campgrounds. 14 year Army vet.

Snowman9000

IL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/12/17 04:24pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Even if everyone agrees it’s a great gesture, it’s not about RV-ing. ATC seems like the right place. I also wonder why they are not listed in new/active/etc.

2014 Sunseeker 2300 Class C (Chevy 4500)

pulsar

Lewisville, NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/12/17 05:04pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Mortimer Brewster wrote:

I can understand why it was classified as an Around the Campfire topic. I don’t understand why Around the Campfire posts don’t show up under the Newest or Active categories. That’s the question I would like to see answered. My guess is that the offense was unintentional, but moving it there is akin to a slap in the face to our veterans.
Rockhillmanor, I’d suggest contacting the moderator and asking him to find out why Around the Campfire posts aren’t worthy of the Newest/Active categories.

Prior to the third quarter of 2002, Around the Campfire did not exist. "Off RVing" topics took place in General RVing Issues.

In those days, the forum was far less moderated and General RVing Issues had become a "wild west," with many of the participants having no interest in RVing; they were on the forum solely to take part in hot topics; many were trolls.

Forum administrators made the decision to create Around the Campfire. To make it less accessible to the non-RVing public, they decided to not have threads started in Around the Campfire appear on the Newest, Active, and Popular pages.

Originally Around the Campfire was lightly moderated. Gradually, the screws were tightened.

You may find it investing to start at the end of this search results Early Posts in Around the Campfire Start at the last page and come forward and you will see how the content changed. Note: To do the search, I searched for my posts, which were, usually, a minor part of the threads.

If there ever was a need to "hide" Around the Campfire, it no longer exists.

Tom

Tvov

CT

View Profile

Posted: 11/13/17 04:36am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Mortimer Brewster wrote:

I can understand why it was classified as an Around the Campfire topic. I don’t understand why Around the Campfire posts don’t show up under the Newest or Active categories. That’s the question I would like to see answered. My guess is that the offense was unintentional, but moving it there is akin to a slap in the face to our veterans.
Rockhillmanor, I’d suggest contacting the moderator and asking him to find out why Around the Campfire posts aren’t worthy of the Newest/Active categories.

I never knew that! That would explain why I never see ATC posts! Because I usually just hit Active and then Newest when I'm perusing OpenRoads.

Little Kopit

TheMaritimes.ca

View Profile

Posted: 11/13/17 07:25am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I still think places and events to visit are very much a part of rving.

Services for veterans in memorial of our histories are events for rving.

Moderators, please remember that.

[emoticon]

& I, I took the road less travelled by.

My Photo Album, featuring Labrador 2006

Washington, DC

View Profile

Posted: 11/13/17 04:07pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

As mentioned, you can always PM the Moderators of a particular forum.

Members cannot block Mods/Admin from receiving PM's, so you do not have to change your preferences.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Forum Technical Support

> Would like an explanation please.
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Forum Technical Support

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2017 CWI, Inc. © 2017 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS