cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

LPG Quick Connect Y Adapter

mhendrickson81
Explorer
Explorer
We have an outdoor kitchen with the camper that has a 2 burner stove. I have seen lots of people that have a small gas grill with theirs as well. Many of their campers have a second connection for the grill, mine does not.

I am looking for a "Y" or "T" to put into the quick connector so I can connect both the stove and the gas grill to the LPG plumbing on the camper. That way I don't have to carry extra bottles with me everywhere we go.

Anyone ever done this? Where did you get your fittings?
5 REPLIES 5

Lenny_K
Explorer
Explorer
I did the same to my Baby Q. Like the OP, I always wanted to use my Coleman stove on a Quick Connect but their is no way that I know of to get rid of the Coleman regulator. So I was thinking of using: http://www.acehardware.com/product/index.jsp?productId=51971326

This might work for the OP depending on where your propane tanks are located.
Lenny and Ros
2009 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 LTZ Duramax 4x4 CC Dually, Banks Speed Brake
2012 Montana 3400 RL 680 Watts Solar, 440 Amps of Batteries, GP-ISW2000-12 Inverter, Trimetric 2020, EMSHW50C, Sailun Tires

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Lenny K wrote:
mhendrickson81 wrote:
I am looking for a "Y" or "T" to put into the quick connector so I can connect both the stove and the gas grill to the LPG plumbing on the camper. That way I don't have to carry extra bottles with me everywhere we go.

If your stove uses little bottles that means you have a regulator on it. You would have to remove the stove regulator if you want to use the trailer quick connect which is already regulated. Double regulated will give you a very low flame on your stove.

BabyQ regulator removed.

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

Lenny_K
Explorer
Explorer
mhendrickson81 wrote:

If your stove uses little bottles that means you have a regulator on it. You would have to remove the stove regulator if you want to use the trailer quick connect which is already regulated. Double regulated will give you a very low flame on your stove.
Lenny and Ros
2009 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 LTZ Duramax 4x4 CC Dually, Banks Speed Brake
2012 Montana 3400 RL 680 Watts Solar, 440 Amps of Batteries, GP-ISW2000-12 Inverter, Trimetric 2020, EMSHW50C, Sailun Tires

Muddydogs
Explorer
Explorer
I got this one, it's spendy but when I looked into piecing everything together there was not much price difference. I already have a quick connect on the trailer that I wanted to keep for the times I only need one gas line and when I need 2 this Y plugs right in giving me to quick connects both with shut offs. There's another Y listed for $10 less that doesn't have shut offs.

http://propanegear.com/propane-quick-connect-y-adapter-with-shut-offs/
2015 Eclipse Iconic Toy Hauler made by Eclipse Manufacturing which is a pile of junk. If you want to know more just ask and I'll tell you about cracked frames, loose tin, walls falling off, bad holding tanks and very poor customer service.

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
I bought everything from AMAZON.

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD