cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New TV Antenna

RJsfishin
Explorer
Explorer
This should be here today, will now get all the cable and sat channels free.
Yeah right !!! Actually I bought it for the fun of it, to replace a shabby broke down, non amp Channel Master type antenna that now and then likes to block out a couple channels from 70 miles away. I have read pros and cons on this antenna, but for being amplified, and rotorized, and only 25 bucks incl shipping, I'll try it. If it is any good at all, it will get those 2 channels that give me trouble. I'll get back w/ a review

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Ematic-HD-TV-Motorized-Outdoor-Antenna-with-150-Mile-Range/46998188
Rich

'01 31' Rexall Vision, Generac 5.5k, 1000 watt Honda, PD 9245 conv, 300 watts Solar, 150 watt inv, 2 Cos 6v batts, ammeters, led voltmeters all over the place, KD/sat, 2 Oly Cat heaters w/ ox, and towing a 2012 Liberty, Lowe bass boat, or a Kawi Mule.
9 REPLIES 9

RJsfishin
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, this antenna is cheaply made, and the rotator does not work right, but the reception is great on 22 channels coming from 75 miles away, and over 1 mountain range. Over flat terrian, 150 miles is believable.
Rich

'01 31' Rexall Vision, Generac 5.5k, 1000 watt Honda, PD 9245 conv, 300 watts Solar, 150 watt inv, 2 Cos 6v batts, ammeters, led voltmeters all over the place, KD/sat, 2 Oly Cat heaters w/ ox, and towing a 2012 Liberty, Lowe bass boat, or a Kawi Mule.

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
Link

I don't need an OTA antenna but It would make the neighbors wonder what the heck that oddball thing is on my antenna mast and I wouldn't have to pay $2.00 a month for another adapter from Spectrum. I'd put a little TV in the shop alongside my Security DVR and monitor.
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

Bucky_Badger
Explorer
Explorer
I bought one last year... Decent results for the price, didn't take long for some of the plastic to break and rotor to stop working. You have to be careful with them.
2010 F150 5.4, 3.55, 4x4, Equli-z-er Hitch
2007 Forest River Salem 27RB LE
and
2009 Nomad 3980

Chuck_thehammer
Explorer
Explorer
150 miles must be measured in Kansas..

for years I installed 20 foot long TV antenna's, 50 to 100 feet in the air with antenna mounted amp's... and could not do 100 miles.

all that and 25 dollars ... what a deal.

Blutoyz
Explorer
Explorer
Good thread....I can see this on a pole attached to the ladder. Quick, easy, and cheap way to get good reception.
She may be old but she is paid for (the rig that is)

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
That does look like it would be a very effective antenna....

ALso does not look like a good choice for a ride that generates a continous 70 MPH wind for hours on end (Motor home or RV Trailer) But for a static site.. Fantastic.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

RJsfishin
Explorer
Explorer
Yeah Bill, actually it was mounted along side my shop.
My RV w/ the sensor 4 in this same area gets less than 1/2 the channels.
This new one really does amaze me. I have Direct here in the house, and move it to the RV.
Rich

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Not an unexpected result but still no cable or satellite channels. 10 feet above the ground must mean that the antenna is pointed away from your RV and not through it.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

RJsfishin
Explorer
Explorer
I received and hooked up and installed this antenna 10 ft above the ground, and to my surprise it out performs a Winegard Batwing...2 to 1. The 2 channels from 80 miles away that were giving me blockouts, are clear as can be, plus a new channel scan picked up 6 more channels. for a total of 26.
Rich