Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Class A Motorhomes: Scan-Gauge, Trans. Temp.
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  General Topics

> Scan-Gauge, Trans. Temp.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
MR MAC

South East MA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/14/17 02:16pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

-- 2014 F53 with 5 speed. (Coachmen Persuit 18,lb) Ive tried every code possible on the gauge about 5 times with no luck for tranny temp. I have used the gauge on three other veh's (PU trucks) with no problems once I got the right code in. (1 V8 and two V10s) Does any one know if there using Scan-Gauge on a unit like this and has the right code, or do I have to get something else to get Temp.

Thanks Rob

ROBERT L MC INTYRE

Colo Native

Colorado

View Profile

Posted: 11/14/17 02:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

When I had my MH I could not get it to do the Trans. Might try and call the company and see if they can help.

2015 F250 XLT PSD CC SB 4x4
2016 Primetime Crusader 315RST(SOLD)
08 Fleetwood Fiesta 34B(SOLD)
Retired DFD

John Wayne

Long Beach, Ca

View Profile

Posted: 11/14/17 06:08pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Make a call to the company they helped me find the trans code for my Jeep

John & Carol Life members
01 31'Sea View single slide, F53 V-10 with 129,000 miles and counting.
2012 Jeep Liberty Smi brake system
Security by Bentley
God Bless

KF6HCH

Desert Captain

Tucson

View Profile

Posted: 11/14/17 06:46pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Customer service from Scan Gauge is excellent. Just give them a call and I'm sure they can provide the proper "X" code along with the how to program it.

[emoticon]

olfarmer

Iowa

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/14/17 07:15pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just a tongue in cheek response here. [emoticon] I have one on my MH but before I got it I drove in the mountains with no worries. Now that I have it and drive in mountains I worry about the temps I am seeing to the point that I stopped in Yellowstone a couple times to let the tranny cool off! LOL Sometimes I think I was better off not knowing the trans temp. The fluid is still nice and bright red with no odor but I still worry when the temp gets up to 220. I do like the scan gauge, maybe I worry to much.[emoticon]

Ed & Ruby & the 2 cats
2001 Winnebago Brave 30W
7.4 gas Work Horse Chassis
99 Jeep Grand Cherokee

[email protected]

Gresham, OR, USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/14/17 10:13pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

olfarmer wrote:

Just a tongue in cheek response here. [emoticon] I have one on my MH but before I got it I drove in the mountains with no worries. Now that I have it and drive in mountains I worry about the temps I am seeing to the point that I stopped in Yellowstone a couple times to let the tranny cool off! LOL Sometimes I think I was better off not knowing the trans temp. The fluid is still nice and bright red with no odor but I still worry when the temp gets up to 220. I do like the scan gauge, maybe I worry to much.[emoticon]

Are you downshifting on long hills going uphill? I feather my 6 speed tranni as I'm climbing hills so the temp gauge stays below half temp. Also turn off 'Economy' and shut off the cruise control. Don't worry about the tranni overheating as the water temp gauge is a fairly good indicator of overall temp of the engine and tranni.

Or so I believe...heh. [emoticon] [emoticon]

[email protected]
Have shop, will travel!
Visit my travel & RV repair blog site. Subscribe for emailed updates.
Winnebago Journey, '02
Cat 330HP Diesel, 36.5', two slides.

olfarmer

Iowa

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/14/17 10:25pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Oh yes, in fact I was in low gear, the engine never gets hot although it was warmer than going on level ground. The grades were pretty steep.

Ralph Cramden

US

View Profile

Posted: 11/15/17 04:17am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If the vehicle programming already has the trans temp sensor communicating with another module/modules, depending on said factory programming, you will not get the scan gauge to readout the temps even if the codes are known and entered correctly. I had a 2007 GM 2500 that would report TFT on scan gauge, but also had a 2013 and the current 2015 which scan gauge will not read out TFT due to the factory programming. I have traded about 100 emails with scan gauge trying to get it to read out TFT without any luck on the 2013 and 2015.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  General Topics

> Scan-Gauge, Trans. Temp.
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2017 CWI, Inc. © 2017 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS