cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fuel Stop - San Diego to Malibu

travelwithwhipp
Explorer
Explorer
We are driving a Mountainaire Gasser (36 feet) and towing a small Toyota. We will be traveling from San Diego CA to Malibu CA in two days (probably on I-5) and will need to find a fuel station that we can negotiate. I am not finding anything listed in The Next Exit. I would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks in advance.
2003 Mountain Aire Gas
New to us Jan. 2007!
2007 Toyota Matrix Toad
4 REPLIES 4

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
ksg5000 wrote:
Fill up in either San Diego or Malibu - it's only 150 miles and no reason to stop. Use your car to scout out the nearby gas stations - s/b plenty.
+1 and easier to navigate with toad disconnected.

ksg5000
Explorer
Explorer
Fill up in either San Diego or Malibu - it's only 150 miles and no reason to stop. Use your car to scout out the nearby gas stations - s/b plenty.
Kevin

doc_brown
Explorer
Explorer
Not sure at what point between those two locations you will need fuel but there is a truck stop off the I-10 near Chino which is about 50 miles southeast of Malibu. Also I see many class A's filling up at gas stations on Pacific Coast Highway in the Topanga area before Malibu, and the Latigo Canyon area just north of the Malibu RV park, further north there is another station in the Trancas area of Malibu.
Steve,Kathy and Josh
Morpheus(Basenji)at Rainbow Bridge
2004 40' TSDP Country Coach Inspire DaVinci
350 Cummins, 3000 Allison
2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S, Air Force One Braking, Blue Ox

TyroneandGladys
Explorer
Explorer
What I do is go to Google Maps and search for gas stations or truck stops in the area I know I will need to stop. Once you find some switch to satellite view any that look good on satellite view switch to street view.
Tyrone & Gladys
27' 1986 Coachmen