cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Natchez Trace North to South

John_Joey
Explorer
Explorer
A fellow RV'er mentioned to me that the last time they took the Trace north of Tupelo was all road construction so they got off of it there.

I've done it before (going south to north though), so my question is two part: First, is there still construction going on? And second, where is the best place to get on to the trace coming from the north?

When we did it last we bailed off of it about 50 miles south (or more) of Nashville based on forum advice. I just can't remember where that was anymore. Old guy brain fart. :B

TIA
Thereโ€™s no fool, like an old fool.
8 REPLIES 8

reddwar
Explorer
Explorer
Once thing to watch out for on the trace, the speed is 50. Law enforcement will send one vehicle then 10 min. later after you kick it up a little #2 & they got you!

Also just a couple hundred yards off the north end you got to stop at the Loveless cafe for chicken. The biscuits with jams/preserves, apple & pumpkin butters are to die for, they are proud of there biscuits & will give you more biscuits wanting you to buy some of the jams etc.

Oh yes a must while in Tupelo you got to stop by & see Elvis child hood home also read the walls.

jplante4
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe this will help.
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

darsben1
Explorer
Explorer
jplante4 wrote:
Here

And Here

From earlier this year

But they don't speak to his question about road conditions right now
Traveling with my best friend, my wife in a 1990 Southwind

jplante4
Explorer
Explorer
Here

And Here

From earlier this year
Jerry & Jeanne

John_Joey
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Darsben1. Hwy 412 looks like a good logical place to enter the Trace

Mod (JP???4,) could you point out those two threads that answer my two questions in my OP. I seem not to be able to find those threads you're writing about. Stuff about BBQ, and places to see is all I found.
Thereโ€™s no fool, like an old fool.

ADUS
Explorer
Explorer
Ran the entire trace north to south one month ago, no problems........

jplante4
Explorer
Explorer
There are 2 other threads running on the Trace.
Jerry & Jeanne

darsben1
Explorer
Explorer
We got on at the Lewis Merriwether campground and exited at Natchez. This was 3 weeks ago and encounter minimal construction.
Traveling with my best friend, my wife in a 1990 Southwind