cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

water pump

hoffy
Explorer
Explorer
im trying to replace a shurflo 5900-0201 5.7 water pump with something similiar shurflo recommends the 4048 4.0 wich is much smaller.i replaced it with a aquajet 55 5.3 wich is noisy and has a low hum at times(wont shut off)until i turn off power switch.can someone recommend the best high flow replacement pump?

thanks hoffy
4 REPLIES 4

hoffy
Explorer
Explorer
yea the guy at remco said he thinks i have a airleak on the intake side.i have checked all connections dont know what else to do?

Old-Biscuit
Explorer
Explorer
The SHurflo 4048 is recommended as 'direct replacement' for the Shurflo 5.7 Variable Speed pump

It is rated for 4 gpm at 55 psi
It has an internal bypass valve to control low flow shutter (allows pump to run continuously during low flow demands vs stop/start/stop/start action)

As for that Aquajet 55.........
Might be an installation issue, air leak or controller
Installation...Operation Manual
Troubleshooting starts pg. 16
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

A1B00902
Explorer
Explorer
No need to replace your pump replace the micro switch,
it only take 10 mins

put micro-switch for shurflo pumps in your search bar,
they cost about $3.00

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
It's going to be very hard to match the performance of the 5.7. I have one of the few that held up good and plan on installing it in our new trailer when the warranty is up.
The new TT has a Shureflow Revolution 4 pump. It works good, has decent flow and provides a nice shower experience. It works well for 1 item being used (sink, shower, toilet) but I can't use multiple items like I could with the 5.7 nor does it make nearly as much flow and pressure.
There are some better but way more expensive marine pumps but the Revolution does a good job for the price.