Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Travel Trailers: Best 30 foot TT?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  Small TT's

> Best 30 foot TT?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 10  
Prev  |  Next
DutchmenSport

Between Anderson, Pendleton, & Lapel, Indiana

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/17/17 07:29am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you like that model, I think you'd like the Outback 298RE even better. It's almost the same type of floor plan with rear living, center kitchen, front bedroom. Bath is on the opposite side with a walk through also, and a hall outside the bathroom.

The Outback 298RE floor plan has not changed in several years now. It's becoming an ever increasing popular camper, I'm seeing more and more of them on the road and in campgrounds.

Check out this video: Click here.

And of course the Keystone web site: Keystone RV

Click on the Travel Trailer tab, select the Outback, then drill down to the 298RE for more info.

We've had ours for 4 years now and absolutely love it. The floor plan is so convenient, and the rear living with wrap around windows on opposing slides is magnificant. We did not get the dinette, we got the free standing kitchen table and chairs, which we removed and put in a real couch, on wheels, that turns to face the rear window (and directly in front of the television.) We love ours.

DutchmenSport

2013 Outback 298RE
2014 Chevy Silverado 3500 Duramax Dually
1400 / 14000 Equal-i-zer Weight Distribution
2 Dachshunds, 1 cat, 2 old folks and lots of love!

DiskDoctr

PA

View Profile

Posted: 11/17/17 08:12am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

When we looked for our RV's, I found the site below to have the most comprehensive set of floor plans, inside and outside photos, search capabilities, etc.

RVTrader

We found all 3 of our RVs on Craigslist. One was within 2 hrs but the next two were full day trips with paperwork. The last one I had to pull over and take a nap before driving the rest of the way back late at night.

We now have a 2005 Cougar 304BHS. It has a front queen bed with separate bedroom and doors, a large slide for living room and dining, and another slide for rear bunks with accordian door to separate that room with bunks, desk, wall cabinet. It also has a rear slideout storage platform for minimal weight items, like a grill and rubbermaid with some things in it.

Another thing to consider is your Tow Vehicle ('TV' around here). Matching your TV to your RV makes for a much more pleasant experience.

We have always chosen to go with used and paid cash. Others are just as happy financing. Our recent find was the exact layout we wanted, but required some things- like replacing the cooling unit on the fridge, installing a Fantastic Fan in the main bedroom vent, adding vent covers, reworking to add 4 golf cart batteries, 4 stage charging system, 1800w inverter, converting to LED lighting, new thermostat, replacing an aging fridge vent cover, new awning, etc.

The price reflected the work to be done and it was well within our capabilities. Makes it "ours" and custom to be and do just what we want [emoticon]

Others have little to no interest in repair work, but will customize. Some don't want to do anything except camp in it. Different strokes as they say [emoticon]

Nothing beats seeing a camper in person. We chose this model because we looked at one to buy but it had too much damage for us. Easy enough fix, but we looked for the same model without the damage and found one for substantially less money.

We've had up to 8 people for several days, and 6 people for a week in it. We even used 2 cots at night due to the open floor plan- instead of converting the dining table to a bed. That's just an example of how your choice can serve YOUR particular needs.

So take a look at that website, check out the MANY photos, investigate some models and manufacturers, and don't be shy about asking for photos or about features from members here. Most of us are happy to share our pics and give an honest opinion of likes and dislikes.

Searching for the perfect RV can be a bit frustrating at times, but is quite exciting! Good luck [emoticon]

falconbrother

North Carolina

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/17/17 08:36am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The rumor is that Airstream is the best.

eubank

bosque farms, nm

View Profile

Posted: 11/17/17 01:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I don't know if they're the best, but they sure hold up a long time. I was out working on our 1967 30' Airstream just this morning.
[emoticon]
Lynn

falconbrother wrote:

Pics and stuff at my Flickr pages

Blanco1

Los Angeles

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/17/17 02:08pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

samsontdog wrote:

I really like the Artic Fox

Why?

& what model is it so I can look it up.

1997 Dodge 4x4, 5 spd manual trans & HotRod 5.9 cummins.
With '85 Lance.

Blanco1

Los Angeles

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/17/17 02:11pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

falconbrother wrote:

I've not looked at those yet, but do they have slide outs?
I want slides & I've always wondered about the curves in the body design would makes your cabinets smaller due to the curve of the body vs a trailer with more of a corner than a curve.

naturist

Lynchburg, VA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/17/17 02:18pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Define "best."

Best how? For whom? For what use?

Blanco1

Los Angeles

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/17/17 02:30pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

goducks10 wrote:

JMHO but having the tv up high off in the corner would be a turn off. If you don't plan on using the tv then no biggie. Other than that it's a great floor plan. It's what we had in our last TT and what we have now in our 5er. Best thing to do is actually go walk thru some. They're not as nice when you actually walk in. It's hard to get a feel for much looking at videos. Camera angles are deceiving.

Yes I've been to 3 different dealers so far & plan to visit more.

We've looked at probably 6-8 different brands so far.
So many companies & floor plans.

I'll only post links to the ones I just looked at in person & liked the most then ask you guys what you think, That I may not of thought of.

One guys insist on a front window.
The Lance have them , but lack the huge living room windows we prefer for the view while awake & not so much while sleeping.
So front window not a deal breaker for us.

I'd like recliners with cup holders facing the tv & lots of cabinets & Ideally with an electric fire place.

I'm surprised how many of them have the tv not lined up well with the seating.

We've never watched TV while camping in the years we've been camping, but maybe thats partly because our truck camper don't have one.

falconbrother

North Carolina

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/17/17 02:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Blanco1 wrote:

falconbrother wrote:

I've not looked at those yet, but do they have slide outs?
I want slides & I've always wondered about the curves in the body design would makes your cabinets smaller due to the curve of the body vs a trailer with more of a corner than a curve.

I can't say that I didn't buy an Airstream because they don't have slideouts (apparently they did for a short time, not any more). But, I do love the slide out, very much. It really makes the TT comfortable. I'd not want to go back to the non-slide out RV.

Blanco1

Los Angeles

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/17/17 02:47pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DutchmenSport wrote:

If you like that model, I think you'd like the Outback 298RE even better. It's almost the same type of floor plan with rear living, center kitchen, front bedroom. Bath is on the opposite side with a walk through also, and a hall outside the bathroom.

The Outback 298RE floor plan has not changed in several years now. It's becoming an ever increasing popular camper, I'm seeing more and more of them on the road and in campgrounds.

Check out this video: Click here.

And of course the Keystone web site: Keystone RV

Click on the Travel Trailer tab, select the Outback, then drill down to the 298RE for more info.

We've had ours for 4 years now and absolutely love it. The floor plan is so convenient, and the rear living with wrap around windows on opposing slides is magnificant. We did not get the dinette, we got the free standing kitchen table and chairs, which we removed and put in a real couch, on wheels, that turns to face the rear window (and directly in front of the television.) We love ours.

I love the way the TV drops down behind the fire place , yet hate how your would end up with a sore neck after a while if you decided to watch a full movie & have to be with your neck at about a 60 degree angle the whole time.
I suppose you could each ( if two people ) sit on the opposite side of the room & sit at an angle.
But that is not too comfy after a while either.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 10  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  Small TT's

> Best 30 foot TT?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS