Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Travel Trailers: Best 30 foot TT?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  Small TT's

> Best 30 foot TT?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 10  
Prev  |  Next
AJR

Close to Madison Wisconsin

View Profile

Posted: 01/24/18 01:43pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just a couple of been there done that or doing that comments.

I would never have a widow over the headboard again. You get heat coming in when it is hot and cold coming in when it is cool (think 40°). I have insulated mine with that aluminum bubble stuff.

I had an Arctic Fox 22H. The insulation goes both ways. In the summer the air conditioner ran less often and was not as noisy as the one I have today. Loved that TT. But as I got older having everything inside one box with a motor under it works out better for me.

Take note of water & holding tank capacities.

Make sure the shower is big enough. A buddy did not think about the corner shower till he used it the first time. His wife loves it…..

2011 Four Winds Chateau 28a
2015 GMC Terrane AWD

Blanco1

Los Angeles

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/24/18 02:39pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

myredracer wrote:

If this is your first TT, many things that matter can't be seen and with some things that can be seen, you can't tell what's good and what is bad. Don't fall for the bling in some TTs. For above average build quality and reliability, you can't go wrong with an OutdoorsRV product.

We thought our first TT was our forever TT. It lasted just one season before we realized it wasn't even close to suiting our needs. Better informed, after spending a ton of time researching brands and models and finding a replacement, it turned out to be a lemon that got returned under warranty. You might want to rent or borrow a TT and see what works and what doesn't. Some things that can matter won't be discovered until you actually own a TT. Going to an RV show can be really frustrating as they all look the same after a while. Another thing you could do is rent a cabin in a CG and walk around and talk to some owners - you would be amazed at things you can learn. Talk to an independent RV shop for suggestions. Also, there are good dealers and bad dealers.

Choose wisely, choose once...

Well yes, it will be my 1st TT, but I've had a truck camper for years.

& been pulling many different sorts of trailers for actors in the film biz for about 20 years, so I'm not going into this blind.

But who knew there are so many different models out there to choose from, I have the basic floor plan I want between 2 different styles out there.

I'm making roo. In the back of the house where I plan to store it & will need to get an electric hand dolly to park it back there due to the 90 degree turn I couldn't do while still hooked up to the truck.

Then after getting a dolly ( I can't seem to find anywhere that rents them? ) I'll go rent a 30 foot trailer to confirm if 30 foot will fit or if maybe I could go slightly bigger, yet I doubt it?

Just started this post to gather more research on other models I may not of heard of ?

Outdoors RV are a bit pricey, but very nice & I suppose you get what you pay for.

1997 Dodge 4x4, 5 spd manual trans & HotRod 5.9 cummins.
With '85 Lance.

Blanco1

Los Angeles

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/03/18 05:54am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ok So the Wife & I have been talking & we have agreed that BIG windows with rear living recliners facing the TV & ( For me I'd love the fire place under it ) are a BIG thing we want.

She will give up kitchen counter space for that.

I'm hoping for multiple slides to make the semi short trailer even bigger.
Today in a few hours I will be $10K closer to my down payment & one car gone closer to giving me the room to park the trailer.

So we are getting much closer to finally having to decided & pick out the one we wnt.

Remember the plan is to stay around 30 foot.

& now with BIG WINDOWS & for me lots of storage space.

Blanco1

Los Angeles

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/03/18 05:57am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

No Idea on the price for this one but I love the 3 slides & figures its in the ball park size wise?

I plan to buy an Electric Hand Dolley 1st & try test fitting different sizes before making the commitment.

Ltrip

Reno, NV

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/03/18 09:40am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Blanco1 wrote:

Ok So the Wife & I have been talking & we have agreed that BIG windows with rear living recliners facing the TV & ( For me I'd love the fire place under it ) are a BIG thing we want.

Today in a few hours I will be $10K closer to my down payment & one car gone closer to giving me the room to park the trailer.

So we are getting much closer to finally having to decided & pick out the one we wnt.

So, we had very similar requirements. 30 ft, lots of storage, recliners facing the TV. We settled on the Arctic Fox 25Y. We pick it up Friday 2/9. Very excited. Be sure to give this one a close look. The dealer in Colfax CA (about 20 miles east of Sacramento, CA on I-80) has my highest recommendation.

Cheers,

Larie Trippet Reno/Tahoe region
2005 GMC Sierra 2500HD
2018 Arctic Fox 25Y
2014 BMW R1200GSA

Blanco1

Los Angeles

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/03/18 09:58am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ltrip wrote:

Blanco1 wrote:

So, we had very similar requirements. 30 ft, lots of storage, recliners facing the TV. We settled on the Arctic Fox 25Y. We pick it up Friday 2/9. Very excited. Be sure to give this one a close look. The dealer in Colfax CA (about 20 miles east of Sacramento, CA on I-80) has my highest recommendation.

Cheers,

Whats that costing you?
I won't argue that Arctic Fox is probably the best quality TT's out there but they come with that price as well....

Not sure I wanna own that much for so long?

FrankShore

Laguna Beach, CA

View Profile

Posted: 02/04/18 09:58pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'll argue that Arctic Fox is a "gimme" in the quality dept. There are plenty of other 4 Season Travel Trailers that fit this bill, as good as if not better than Arctic Fox. I know, I owned one. I'll take the fit and finish and the overall materials utilized and building/design of Lance any day of the week. I like my Lance trailer far and away from the Arctic Fox. It's cooler in summer and warmer in winter too! Better quality materials used too. Azdel, Lite Ply. Beauflor, Lamilux 4000, Bal Huck Bolted Frames, Pex Plumbing, all nicely put together using precision CNC routers coupled with Solidworks software make for a pricey trailer, but worth every cent!

Heck, Lance even offers a lightweight trailer (2465) with a king sized bed, all in a small package:

24' Dual Slide Lance With A King Bed

2014 F-250
2014 Minnie Winnie 2351DKS (Traded In-Burnout-Use A Surge Protector!)
2015 Arctic Fox 22G (Great Trailer But Heavy - Traded In)
2018 Lance 1685 w/ Solar & 4 Seasons Package
1999 Beneteau 461 Oceanis Yacht
En Norski i en Fransk båt - Dette må jeg se!

FrankShore

Laguna Beach, CA

View Profile

Posted: 02/05/18 01:12pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Blanco1 wrote:

While in Tucson today we visited CactusAutoRV.com lot & looked at a few & really both liked this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59r6lM3fpQo

Even the the DW claimed she does not want an open floor plan, so did really like this one!
Probably the massive kitchen counter space?

What I loved was the fact that its only a 22 footer!
Should be easy to park behind my home even with the 90 degree angle I must make to get it back there.
& should be welcomed in almost all campgrounds.

& dirt cheap!

The dealer price is listed as $23,720.00 Tell me I can get it for 20 or less?

Wondering what you guys know about these ?

I think its made by Forest river?
I forget at the moment....

I don't like the "gimp" molding where the floor meets the roof (and elsewhere) and the other poster was right about the "be careful of Forest River"

Blanco1

Los Angeles

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/05/18 09:46pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

What do you guys think about the latest one we've seen & really liked ?

Forest Rivers Wildwood 27RLSS?

Affordable and about a perfect floorplans got what we want.

Blanco1

Los Angeles

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/10/18 05:58pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I just learned about the Pioneer brand of TT's made for Camping world made by Heartland.

Seem very affordable & nice for the money.

Basically had most of what i want in a TT, Including a low price.

Wondering your thoughts on these?

Problems they have?

Pluses vs Minuses?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 10  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  Small TT's

> Best 30 foot TT?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS