cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Great service

tinstartrvlr
Explorer
Explorer
I guess I'm posting this in the right category...

I want to give kudos to a great dealer, since far too often we only hear the negative.

I am spending the winter in Nevada, and after nearly a year of trying to get my refrigerator and stabilizers fixed under warranty, I finally found a dealer that was willing to take care of the problems without a song and dance about why they couldn't do it.

Mesquite Nevada, Ken Garff Ford/RV. A great group of people who seem to genuinely care about helping their customers.

They took on the warranty work even though I didn't buy from them, and I couldn't have hoped for a smoother process. They came to me (mobile tech) to do some diagnostics, ordered some parts, and as soon as they came in (about two weeks) I made an appointment for repair. While I waited, they took care of things (about 2 hours) and off I went.

In addition, they took the initiative to help get me some factory metal and plastic parts that needed to be replaced after a blowout. Took about a month to get, but I now have them and soon I'll be tackling that project.

Again, the best dealer I have ever dealt with.

And FWIW, the nearby CW just couldn't seem to find the motivation to help out, but no surprise there I guess.

I am going to post this on the RVservicereviews website as well.
12 REPLIES 12

Keithk3628
Explorer
Explorer
RoyF wrote:
I agree that most of the positive dealer interactions go unreported. Here's one that just happened to me. On this summer's trip, my water pump started working poorly, putting out water in spasms instead of a smooth flow, with lots of air mixed with the water. I checked the pump for loose hose connections and checked the water filter and was still stumped.

I took the fifth-wheel to my dealer to "fix that lousy water pump." They found the problem: a valve that you open for winterizing (when you want the pump to suck in antifreeze) was partly open. (I keep a plastic tub of cleaning materials under the sink, and near that valve. My moving the tub around must have turned the valve.)

The charge: nothing. Heck, an unscrupulous dealer might have told me that the pump was bad and I needed another.

RoyF

Did I miss the name of the dealer you received such great service from? I reread your post 3 times and can't find the name, good service like that we want to know the name.

Thanks, Keith

JohnG3
Explorer
Explorer
Post to โ€œDear Marcusโ€ at the head of the forums section. We had an issue with a tow dolly and needed to return it (my problem as I ordered the wrong dolly). Calling customer service was a nightmare as they couldnโ€™t figure out how to get the dolly. I had to put it in the back of my truck as the shipper couldnโ€™t back down the straight street to deliver it. I said Iโ€™d deliver the dolly to the Bakersfield CW warehouse. Just 3 days after my post the issue was resolved and I was authorized to drive it to Bakersfield. Canโ€™t hurt giving.good or bad feedback.
John and Elaine. Furry ones, Bubba, Buddy, Barney and Miss Chevious
2017 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40 SP
Know guns, know safety, know peace. No guns, no safety, no peace.

eubank
Explorer
Explorer
I have enough confidence in them that I plan to head over there this week. Thinking about buying a motorhome and need to discuss installing the hitch pins onto the front of the towed car. And doing up the wiring. And buying all the rest of the necessary parts.

๐Ÿ™‚
Lynn

Dtank
Explorer
Explorer
As long as you had/could spend a month in (yikes!) Mesquite, NV = great.

๐Ÿ˜‰

F350_RR
Explorer
Explorer
Darn, it's a long trip from Baltimore. I got the names of some dealers from Atwood in the summer for some warranty work. Dealers said to "leave the TC at the shop and sometime during the next three months we might get to it" to "we don't service anything we don't sell".
I suspect getting anything done on extended warranties will require checking the position of the moon and planets.
Doug

Edd505
Explorer
Explorer
Nice to know I live an hour south and never heard of them.
2015 F350 FX4 SRW 6.7 Crew, longbed - 2017 Durango Gold 353RKT
2006 F350 SRW 6.0 crew longbed sold
2000 F250 SRW 7.3 extended longbed airbags sold
2001 Western Star 4900EX sold
Jayco Eagle 30.5BHLT sold, Layton 24.5LT sold

eubank
Explorer
Explorer
Yep, those folks are right down the road from us. (We live in BF.) And they're good.
๐Ÿ™‚
Lynn

Veebyes wrote:
Might as well add to the kudos list.

We experienced complete trailer brake failure on our way to the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta last month. Through the help of some local knowledge we found
Action RV, Bosque Farms, about half hour S of Albuquerque. Called them on Thursday, explained our situation, & they had us booked for Monday AM after the Fiesta. Called them when enroute to them, arrived & about 2 hours later we were on our way with working brakes. Magnet had self destructed in one of the drums & shorted the whole system out.

Subway right in front of them. Handy.

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
Might as well add to the kudos list.

We experienced complete trailer brake failure on our way to the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta last month. Through the help of some local knowledge we found
Action RV, Bosque Farms, about half hour S of Albuquerque. Called them on Thursday, explained our situation, & they had us booked for Monday AM after the Fiesta. Called them when enroute to them, arrived & about 2 hours later we were on our way with working brakes. Magnet had self destructed in one of the drums & shorted the whole system out.

Subway right in front of them. Handy.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

RoyF
Explorer
Explorer
I agree that most of the positive dealer interactions go unreported. Here's one that just happened to me. On this summer's trip, my water pump started working poorly, putting out water in spasms instead of a smooth flow, with lots of air mixed with the water. I checked the pump for loose hose connections and checked the water filter and was still stumped.

I took the fifth-wheel to my dealer to "fix that lousy water pump." They found the problem: a valve that you open for winterizing (when you want the pump to suck in antifreeze) was partly open. (I keep a plastic tub of cleaning materials under the sink, and near that valve. My moving the tub around must have turned the valve.)

The charge: nothing. Heck, an unscrupulous dealer might have told me that the pump was bad and I needed another.

kerrlakeRoo
Explorer
Explorer
There are good people out there, they just are seldom found under national corporate banners.
There is a dealer near Richmond Va that is steering his way clear of other brands towards Forest River because he claims he has the best luck with them on getting factory approval on warranty repairs. Others I have heard have nightmartes dealing with them, so the best suggestion I can make is to pursue those that can, and do, work.

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
Good info, thanks for sharing.
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad