cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What make/model for front living?

donnyB7
Explorer
Explorer
I am in the market for a 5er to live in for a short time. We looked at a few models and the wife is set on getting a 5er with front living.
I am looking for a list of makes/models that are front living and are at least 39 or40 feet long. If anybody has experience with living in one of the models that would be helpful too.
12 REPLIES 12

ChuckV1
Explorer
Explorer
Look at the new this year Kz G385FLF very good workmanship an is just as good as GD Solitude an far cheaper. ๐Ÿ™‚

https://www.kz-rv.com/products/durango-gold-fifth-wheels/G385FLF.html

Mike_E_
Explorer II
Explorer II
If having the 'different levels' of living space is of interest, here's another option.
GD Solitude 375RES.

The storage under the rear living room is MASSIVE.
I'm having trailer-envy over it ๐Ÿ™‚

Or this one if front living is what you're after, with a garage under the rear bedroom.

Durb
Explorer
Explorer
Like you, I like the feel of the front living and feel the extra sleeping space separate from the kitchen would have merit. It would also move the bedroom further from the road should someone be a light sleeper.

We looked at the Vilano front living at an RV show last week end and it was nice. However the low cargo carrying capacity might exclude it from a "potentials" list. Have fun shopping.

Bird_Freak
Explorer II
Explorer II
I thought they were pretty nice a few years ago. Friend of mine bought one and after camping with them for a weekend you couldn't give me one.
Different stoke for different folks I guess. He kept his two years and got rid of it.
Eddie
03 Fleetwood Pride, 36-5L
04 Ford F-250 Superduty
15K Pullrite Superglide
Old coach 04 Pace Arrow 37C with brakes sometimes.
Owner- The Toy Shop-
Auto Restoration and Customs 32 years. Retired by a stroke!
We love 56 T-Birds

MPI_Mallard
Explorer
Explorer
It's funny how trends come and go and front living room layouts are a good example. When we were starting out we looked at the montana version (before they buggered up the layout by adding that hallway through the head which totally ruined it) as a weekend warrior trailer it had some promise but in the end the total lack of storage both inside and out and the lousy quality kept it out of the running for us. If your looking at brands however (as all front living room layouts are basically the same) do yourself a solid and go with Cedar Creek as their after-the-sale customer service is simply the best I've seen and the fit and finish is excellent.

Red Green: If life gives you lemons, throw 'em into a quart of vodka.
07' Dodge 3500 6 speed Cummins Diesel Dually/6.7L Bully-Chipped /
Exhst Brake/07' Cedar Creek 37CDTSD Daydreamer fiver
Mallard @ Frau Blรผcher

Red Green:
Now lets Bow your heads for the men's prayer.
I am a man, but I can change.
If I have to, I guess...

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
Seen a few. Personally don't like them. Love the big back window view from the traditional layout. Kinda think the front living room will be a passing fad.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

ACZL
Explorer
Explorer
You name 'em, most brands offer them. Some lines are sister lines that have them as well.
2017 F350 DRW XLT, CC, 4x4, 6.7
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"

rhagfo
Explorer
Explorer
I know it is all personal choice, but I can't see the cool about the front living room.
Low ceiling, tight quarters, no ceiling fan possible.
Now personally, we like rear kitchen,mid entry, these are getting rare and hard to find. Like the fact that all traffic to Living room doesn't need to pass through the kitchen to get to the living room.
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

VoodooMedicineM
Explorer
Explorer
Cedar Creek 38FL
Bill and Joey the dog

newman_fulltime
Explorer
Explorer
dont worry 2oldmen will be by soon with ALL the links

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
Give me an hour or so and I'll do all your searching for you.

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
While you are waiting for responses you might want to do a Google search for `front living room fifth wheel rv's' and read on.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)