cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Renew SiriusXM

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
My 12 month trial ended a few weeks ago and I told them not to renew, holding out for a better offer...

That off came today, 12 months at $5 a month for the select package, it's about 68 a year with taxes. Seemed good enough compared to the 79 I've seen before or the 99 they offered me originally.

Don't know that this is an exceptional deal, but some savings at least.

I just set a reminder on my phone for the auto renewal so I can cancel before getting stuck with a surprise.
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed
31 REPLIES 31

carl2591
Explorer III
Explorer III
that a great idea plus you can buy the gift card at any Best Buys store which are all over the US.. man i love this place with all the great ideas.. thanks a million.

2012Coleman wrote:
A friend told me to do the exact thing that the OP did - let it expire and wait to get a better offer. I don't need the entire lineup, so it's good that there are package deals.

Never had Sirius before, but enjoyed it during a recent road trip - didn't have to continuously hunt for channels.

I plan on paying by check for renewal. If they don't accept that, I'll purchase a gift card and load it with the renewal amount so they won't be able to auto renew me at the regular price, and I won't have to remind myself.
Carl2591, Raleigh NC
2005 Airstream Classic 31D
2003 Ford F-250 SD, CC, 7.3L modded diesel machine
Every day is a new day with potential to be life changing.

Chuck_thehammer
Explorer
Explorer
TurnThePage wrote:
On top of that, I'm tired of the same old music. With services like Sirius and Pandora, I'm constantly finding new stuff that I like.

YES, just yesterday.. I heard a song on Sirius "6" from the 1960's I never heard before.... one of them "make Fun OF' type of songs...
it was dumb but funny..

TurnThePage
Explorer
Explorer
On top of that, I'm tired of the same old music. With services like Sirius and Pandora, I'm constantly finding new stuff that I like.
2015 Ram 1500
2022 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22RBE

Bionic_Man
Explorer
Explorer
Jacksons wrote:
I use an old ipod with several hundred hours of music on it, I don't want nor need Sirius, they can keep their 5 dollar a month plan

iPods certainly have their place. I have one as well. But it doesn't work if you want to hear some sort of talk radio. Or sports. Not important to all, but it is important to me.
2012 RAM 3500 Laramie Longhorn DRW CC 4x4 Max Tow, Cummins HO, 60 gallon RDS aux fuel tank, Reese 18k Elite hitch
2003 Dodge Ram 3500 QC SB 4x4 Cummins HO NV5600 with Smarty JR, Jacobs EB (sold)
2002 Gulf Stream Sea Hawk 29FRB with Honda EV6010

Jacksons
Explorer
Explorer
I use an old ipod with several hundred hours of music on it, I don't want nor need Sirius, they can keep their 5 dollar a month plan
2002 Rockwood 8272s
2005 Yukon xl Denali 6.0
The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
Thomas Jefferson

Chuck_thehammer
Explorer
Explorer
credit card... call card company ..

tell them you canceled Sirius contract... do not pay..

end of problem.

I just renewed... $ 50 for 6 months, all programming.... cheaper then my limited access $14.00 per month.

2012Coleman
Explorer
Explorer
vermilye wrote:
2012Coleman wrote:
A friend told me to do the exact thing that the OP did - let it expire and wait to get a better offer. I don't need the entire lineup, so it's good that there are package deals.

Never had Sirius before, but enjoyed it during a recent road trip - didn't have to continuously hunt for channels.

I plan on paying by check for renewal. If they don't accept that, I'll purchase a gift card and load it with the renewal amount so they won't be able to auto renew me at the regular price, and I won't have to remind myself.
If you have already given them a credit card, they will use it until you cancel it or it expires. I pay by check, but I've never given them a card.
Yes - you are correct. But if it costs say 50 bucks and I get a gift card with 50 bucks on it, it's only good for 50 bucks once - and who cares if they have the gift card number - it's been cut up and in the landfill long before they try to use it again.
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

Bionic_Man
Explorer
Explorer
If you tell them not to keep your credit card on file, they will not auto renew.
2012 RAM 3500 Laramie Longhorn DRW CC 4x4 Max Tow, Cummins HO, 60 gallon RDS aux fuel tank, Reese 18k Elite hitch
2003 Dodge Ram 3500 QC SB 4x4 Cummins HO NV5600 with Smarty JR, Jacobs EB (sold)

vermilye
Explorer
Explorer
2012Coleman wrote:

If you have already given them a credit card, they will use it until you cancel it or it expires. I pay by check, but I've never given them a card.

TurnThePage
Explorer
Explorer
I've been doing just like most of the other posters here. $5/month for 5 or 6 months, then call to cancel right before the automatic renewal kicks in. They invariably offer the $5/month deal again. It's almost easy enough, I think I could probably hold out for something better still.
2015 Ram 1500
2022 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22RBE

2012Coleman
Explorer
Explorer

Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

ThomBoles
Explorer
Explorer
We have an older receiver that allowed us to get an Al-a-cart plan. It's something like 50 channels with a couple that are paid (on my mothers unit). I like this plan as we don't listen to talk radio so I didn't subscribe to it.

I'll be honest I don't even know what we pay, but when we are traveling I usually have the music on in the background and wouldn't have it any other way. I hate having to try to find a station at every location. Turn on the Sirius and listen to the channel until the music starts to repeat then go to the next channel (we only listen to about 4 of them anyway).
-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
Thom and Diane Boles
2010 Winnebago Vista 32K

Bionic_Man
Explorer
Explorer
carl2591 wrote:
I am looking at buying a 2010 car with XM and was wondering is you can get these deal on what would be a new service or do i have to bite the bullet and go for the year or 6 months and then call to cancel to get them.

I would call and tell them you want the service, and you will pay the promo price of $25 for 5 months. If they won't give you that (or something better), tell them never mind.

You will get the promo price.

Larry-D
Explorer
Explorer
carl2591 wrote:
I am looking at buying a 2010 car with XM and was wondering is you can get these deal on what would be a new service or do i have to bite the bullet and go for the year or 6 months and then call to cancel to get them.

Go online if you can and check. Then call them and talk to them, they can and most often work deals to get you in.

www.siriusxm.com