cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How full RVG

BJean
Explorer
Explorer
Just wondering how full RVG will be in about a month. If that fails would check out Yuma area.
11 REPLIES 11

BJean
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the info. It has been helpfull

Chuck_thehammer
Explorer
Explorer
Lots of room in the lower RGV....

and the bad storms completely missed this area..

we are here for the winter...:) second time.

John_Joey
Explorer
Explorer
pawatt wrote:
... When you call a park for reservations most will say they are nearly full to motivate you to make reservations now. This is seldom the case...

This is my opinion also.

You will also see that many have discounted rates the longer you stay. IMO this is for the parks benefit more then for yours for being a loyal customer. It traps you into their park during months which they are normally almost empty.
Thereโ€™s no fool, like an old fool.

LookN4Ward
Explorer
Explorer
I'm sure you can find an RV Park in the RGV for as long as you want to stay. The Mobile Home and RV Park I am in has 20 lots for rent right now. It is a nice park with plenty of activities and close to restaurants, groceries, health care (VA a block away), etc. Here is a link: PPI

pawatt
Explorer
Explorer
We are here now. We have so much capacity, over 400 parks I think we will have plenty of room for everyone. Most parks are less than half full now but the biggest wave comes in after Thanksgiving. The hurricane evacuees we had returned home long ago to rebuild. When you call a park for reservations most will say they are nearly full to motivate you to make reservations now. This is seldom the case. Come on down, you will enjoy the Valley and be warmly welcomed.
pawatt

TomG2
Explorer
Explorer
There are over 400 RV parks in the RGV with tons of excess capacity (empty sites) for the last few years. A specific park or two may fill up but there are fifty more that won't be.

Scottiemom
Nomad
Nomad
The Rio Grande VAlley is in the southernmost tip of Texas basically running from Brownsville back west toward Mission along the Rio Grande River. This four county area is where most of the winter Texans go to escape the cold in the north. I think technically this may be the "lower" Rio Grande Valley and the upper RGV continues on further west along the River.

Dale
Dale Pace
Widow of Terry (Teacher's Pet)

Traveling with Brendon, my Scottish Terrier

2022 Honda Odyssey
2011 Mazda Miata MX-5

2021 Coach House Platinum III 250DT
Fulltimed for 15 years, now living in Florida

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/

Teacher_s_Pet
Explorer
Explorer
The rental park to the west of our park seems to be filling up earlier this year, than past years.
'06 Phaeton 40' QSH
'14 Ford Flex SEL AWD Toad
'04 R-Vision Trail-Lite 213
Scottiemom's Pet or husband to Dale
RV.net Rallies 13, Other Rallies 21, Escapades 7
Fulltimers since 2005, Where are we?
Our Travel Blog

WILDEBILL308
Explorer II
Explorer II
TomG2 wrote:
This park in Central Rio Grande Valley claims to be booked close to capacity for January. They always say that but have had dozens of parking spaces available every year for the last five years.

But this year many parks are still closed because of the hurricane Harvey. From the La boarder to south of Mustang Island are slowly getting back up and running.
If you want to stay in the RGV I would make connections now and not wait.
Bill
2008 Newmar Mountain Aire
450 HP CUMMINS ISM
ALLISON 4000 MH TRANSMISSION
TOWING 2014 HONDA CRV With Blue Ox tow bar
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
-Mark Twain

TomG2
Explorer
Explorer
This park in Central Rio Grande Valley claims to be booked close to capacity for January. They always say that but have had dozens of parking spaces available every year for the last five years.

WILDEBILL308
Explorer II
Explorer II
BJean wrote:
Just wondering how full RVG will be in about a month. If that fails would check out Yuma area.

I would be contacting places in The Rieo Grand Valley now. The RGV may have more people as the upper golf coast still hasn't fully recovered from the storm.
By the way where is the RVG?:W
Bill
2008 Newmar Mountain Aire
450 HP CUMMINS ISM
ALLISON 4000 MH TRANSMISSION
TOWING 2014 HONDA CRV With Blue Ox tow bar
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
-Mark Twain