cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

East Glacier NP to Coeur d'Alene, ID

kandkbrand
Explorer
Explorer
I am looking for assistance with route planning. We will be going to Glacier NP, staying at St. Mary's campground and then continuing on to Coeur d'Alene. I am guessing the best thing to do would be to come back down us 89 to I-90 via us 200. Is this the best route? We will be going in mid June with a 27 foot Travel Trailer. Thanks for your help.
5 REPLIES 5

kandkbrand
Explorer
Explorer
thank yo.u for all the suggestions. looking forward to a great trip

donkeydew
Explorer
Explorer
2 is a very scenic and good road.

paulj
Explorer II
Explorer II
I90 climbs higher than US2 or MT/ID200. It crosses the state line on a mountain pass, the others stay in river valleys.

bobsallyh
Explorer II
Explorer II
Why not take US 2 thru to Kalispell, then decide which way you want to go? You could take US 93 out of Kalispell to I-90, or continue on US 2 to MT. 56 and south to MT. 200, then into Sandpoint, ID. to US 95 to CDA., or continue on US. 2 to Bonners Ferry, ID. then south on US 95 to CDA. All those have great scenery and good roads.

LittleJimsSon
Explorer
Explorer
kandkbrand: Our preferred route for that leg is to not take MT93 toward Missoula on I-90. We leave St Mary on MT 2 through West Glacier and down 82 or 93 through Bigfork and Elmo. Then take MT135 to St. Regis on I-90. It's a comfortable drive with little traffic after Flathead Lake. We've done it an a 37 foot Class A and our 30 foot TT. It's 230 miles from East Glacier to St. Regis and 325 total miles to Coeur d'Alene. Enjoy the trip!
One measure of a person is how they treat someone who can be of no particular use to them.