cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Bed covers and fifth wheel clearance

bigorange
Explorer
Explorer
Buying a fifth wheel soon and wondering what bed covers folks use that provide enough hitch clearance when folded. Preferably a folding hard cover. 2011 Ram 2500 standard bed.
Not all those who wander are lost. - Tolkien

2018 Cherokee 235B 5W
2011 Ram 2500 CC SWB SLT 4WD 6.7 CTD 3.73
B&W Turnover Ball + Companion Slider hitch
2003 Sierra T22 TT - Sold
9 REPLIES 9

bigorange
Explorer
Explorer
azjeffh wrote:
In Phoenix all the rubber seals in my Fold-A-Cover were rotted in just over two years. Chose a Pace Edwards Full Metal Jackrabbit for my next.

Good to know since Iโ€™ll probably have similar results here in Tucson.
Not all those who wander are lost. - Tolkien

2018 Cherokee 235B 5W
2011 Ram 2500 CC SWB SLT 4WD 6.7 CTD 3.73
B&W Turnover Ball + Companion Slider hitch
2003 Sierra T22 TT - Sold

azjeffh
Explorer
Explorer
In Phoenix all the rubber seals in my Fold-A-Cover were rotted in just over two years. Chose a Pace Edwards Full Metal Jackrabbit for my next.
Jeff
Wonderful wife Robin
2016 F350 PSD Dually
2016 DRV 38RSSA

Helmsey
Explorer
Explorer
I've had the Bakflip G2 on my last 3 trucks and loved it. I will be adding it to my current truck once the rollup cover that was on it when I got it wears out.
KK4PFX
2015 Chevy 3500HD LTZ Dually
2013 Sandpiper 365SAQ

aviator41
Explorer
Explorer
I Just installed a Pace Edwards Bedlocker electric roll-top cover on my 2016 F350. I have a B&W Companion installed on the B&W turnover ball and the cover slides right over it with maybe a 1/2 inch clearance.

NEnative
Explorer
Explorer
I must be the only forum member here that owns a Paragon truck bed cover. It works great for my needs pulling my fiver. It is made of aluminum, easily folds below the bed so I can see my hitch head, it is easy to quickly remove, and it locks.

Mike_E_
Explorer II
Explorer II
BakFlip G2 on my '14 Ram short box with an Andersen rail mount. No problems at all.

700g
Explorer
Explorer
I had an Extang Encore hard cover and it worked fine til I changed my pinbox to a Mor Ryde. It protrudes further in front of the king pin and wouldnt work with the hard cover. I went with a roll up.....

guidry
Explorer
Explorer
Bakflip works with my 16โ€™ Chevy 3500 and BW hitch

donn0128
Explorer
Explorer
Have used a Fold A Cover since 2004 that works just fine. There are other brands that people use and like. Pick one you tjink will work best.