cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wild Caught Red Snapper and Shrimp into California

Robt65
Explorer
Explorer
Getting set for a long (for me) 1500 mile each way trip from McAllen Texas via Nacogdocas, TX., to Coronado, CA trip. Will be staying at the Amphibious Navy Base RV Park (AKA Fiddlers Cove) for a week. Traveling in my (new to me) 2008 Foretravel Class A Diesel Pusher (425 Cummins) I will be pulling a 22 foot Alumna Car Hauler with my Chevy 2500 Crew Cab Pickup on board. Can anyone tell me if I will have a hard time bringing Wild Caught Red Snapper and Wild Caught Gulf Shrimp (bought at a large grocery store) into California if it is for personal consumption? I want to do it right.

By the way, any tips for good RV Parks along Interstate 10 (military base RV Parks if possible).

Thanks,
robt65
Mission Texas
7 REPLIES 7

pigman1
Explorer
Explorer
No reservations allowed at Davis-Monthan's Agave Gulch
Pigman & Piglady
2013 Tiffin Allegro Bus 43' QGP
2011 Chevy Silverado 1500
SMI Air Force One toad brake
Street Atlas USA Plus

NMDriver
Explorer
Explorer
Ft. Bliss has a RV park but it is a bit off of the Interstate using US 54 or the 375 loop to access. Besides the one mentioned at Davis Monthon in Tucson there is one at Yuma Army depot also but it is pretty small and this time of year is likely full. Davis Monthon has lots of overflow spots if you do not need full hookups. How far do you drive in a day? Are you using I-20 from Nacagodoches or I-10 to go west?

I suggest this Military RV sites if you are not already familiar with it.

BTW: there is a RV park at VADO, NM right at the 155 freeway exit just past the NM/TX state line. Western Skys RV park cheap, full hookups and fine for an overnight. Easier to get to and for one night as good and cheaper than Ft. Bliss. Across the freeway is a Chevron and a National Truck Stop (NTS) with as cheap a fuel as you will find in the area without driving way off of the freeway.
5er/2500Duramax/18ftBoat

accsys
Explorer
Explorer
Robt65 wrote:
By the way, any tips for good RV Parks along Interstate 10 (military base RV Parks if possible).

Agave Gulch FamCamp near Tuscon, AZ is the highest rated FamCamp has been rated as the overall best FamCamp west of the Mississippi River several times. Call for reservations as soon as possible.

Apache Flats on Fort Huachuca near Sierra Vista, AZ is a great FamCamp, but a little out of the way. Again, reservations are advisable.

If you are not aware of it, U.S. Military Campgrounds and RV Parks is the go to website for military campgrounds.
John & Doris
Doris and Robbies Blogs
2017 Cedar Creek Cottage 40 CCK
FMCA F380583, PA, Good Sams

Robt65
Explorer
Explorer
Thank You both for your remarks. I appreciate them. I knew about the fresh fruit and produce, but had forgotten about the firewood.

Thanks for that reminder.

Robt65

MrWizard
i have NEVER been asked about fish or meat
only fruit and veggies

fruit and veggies can carry pests into an AG zone and decimate crops
meat in the fridge cannot do that
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
We sell fish here in California but am surprised you didn’t find the rules online. What came up when you searched?

For instance see-

https://nrm.dfg.ca.gov/FileHandler.ashx?DocumentID=3257 and
https://www.wildlife.ca.gov/Enforcement/Entry-Declaration
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

gutfelt
Explorer
Explorer
Robt65 wrote:
Getting set for a long (for me) 1500 mile each way trip from McAllen Texas via Nacogdocas, TX., to Coronado, CA trip. Will be staying at the Amphibious Navy Base RV Park (AKA Fiddlers Cove) for a week. Traveling in my (new to me) 2008 Foretravel Class A Diesel Pusher (425 Cummins) I will be pulling a 22 foot Alumna Car Hauler with my Chevy 2500 Crew Cab Pickup on board. Can anyone tell me if I will have a hard time bringing Wild Caught Red Snapper and Wild Caught Gulf Shrimp (bought at a large grocery store) into California if it is for personal consumption? I want to do it right.

Thanks,
robt65

you will be fine the check points are for frit vegetables and fire wood
Mission Texas