cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best air purifier?

A_Miel
Explorer
Explorer
Wondering if anyone has a good activated-carbon air purifier you are using in your RV? I am finding my nose and eyes are a bit sensitive to that "new smell" (aka formaldehyde, VOC's, etc.) in my 2017 Fiver.
I plan to keep the air fresh as possible with cracked windows and vents and to pick up some air-cleaning ivy, but it may not be enough in these cold winter months. Any recommendations on a good air purifier are welcome. Thanks ahead...:)
5 REPLIES 5

A_Miel
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Craig. I am looking at the Winix HR 951. Replacement filters are $69 and they say should be replaced annually. Here is the link - if you have any thoughts on this particular purifier I would love to hear. Thanks! https://winixamerica.com/product/hr951/

C_Schomer
Explorer
Explorer
Activated carbon isn't cheap.... I'd look for one with reasonably priced replacements. I used to maintain large commercial purifiers that had refillable activated carbon cells and I bought the material in bulk. Craig
2012 Dodge 3500 DRW CCLB 4wd, custom hauler bed.
2008 Sunnybrook Titan 30 RKFS Morryde and Disc brakes
WILL ROGERS NEVER MET JOE BIDEN!

A_Miel
Explorer
Explorer
BOTH these replies were helpful; really just what I needed. After checking out the Allergy Buyers Club and the Winix C555 at Costco (on sale!) it looks like it is a good choice.
AL, where do you keep yours?

2naEagle
Explorer
Explorer
https://www.costco.com/Winix-C555-Air-Cleaner-with-PlasmaWave-Technology.product.100280312.html

I use this one in my camper 24/7. picked it up on sale at Costco a few months ago. Seems to work pretty good.
2020 F350 Limited CCSB SRW
2017 North Point 315RLTS
2021 Jayco Greyhawk 29MV

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
While you are waiting for posts try the Allergy Buyers Club online.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)