cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Wanli Motorhome Tires

joezuki
Explorer
Explorer
Is anyone running or know anything about Wanli Motorhome Tires (245/70/19.5) I can buy a set of 6 plus the spare for $2200.00 installed. They are made in China but I have not been able to find reviews for Motorhome use.
Joe & Carol
2000 Southwind 32V
2011 Jeep JKUR - toad
2014 Honda CR-V EX-L - toad
6 REPLIES 6

jplante4
Explorer
Explorer
Got 6 22.5" RY023 Yokohamas for $2500. These are 16 ply rated tires. Stuck one of the old tires in the basement for a spare. Carried it around for 3 years and finally threw it away.

I guess what we're all saying is that gambling on an unknown tire for a couple of hundred bucks is not worth the risk.
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
I don't know anything about Wanli tires. But, maybe it's worth giving them a try? They may be a good deal or they may be a waste of time and money.

Several years ago I took the Michelin tires off our 96 Southwind and replaced them with Hankook.
The Hankooks worked well and were cheaper than the Michelin's. Many love them but, I would not waste my money on Michelin. I think they're overpriced and overhyped. JMO

Another option to consider would be Double Coin tires. I have no experience with them but have read several good reviews.

Keep us updated on your decision. If you buy the Wanli's let us know how they perform.

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
The same store had the two brands with identical tread (a miracle coincidence?) with one Chengu the other Wanli, but only 1 Wanli and three Chengu's. I purchased two. The gave the same performance as rebranded Wal-Mart tires. Same mileage and all of the Chinese tires lost an average of 8 lbs of air pressure a month. Switched to good tires and no air leakage.

MrWizard
I bought 22.5 Toyos for $408 each, $2456 plus tax for 6

why go China Bomb (thats what all chinese tires are called around here)

when you can get name brands for a good price
that 10% extra price, gets lots better tire
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

joezuki
Explorer
Explorer
MexicoWanderer

Do you have actual experience with Wanli's for motorhomes or just making a statement
Joe & Carol
2000 Southwind 32V
2011 Jeep JKUR - toad
2014 Honda CR-V EX-L - toad

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
I hope you have better luck than I have had. $80 toad Michelins are measuring 5x longer wear and no problems as compared to $55 Chinese rags. I have Cooper tires on Quicksilver. One dose of @#$%&! tires is a potent lesson.