cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camp Ground Navigator C/D or Software Finder????

Chuck___
Explorer
Explorer
My brother in law just give me a copy of 2011 Trailer Life Directory "Camp Ground Navigator". I am trying to fine up to date Software, C/D and or information on all types of RV sites; State Campgrounds, Federal and private RV camp grounds.

I feel that the more information I can get on RV campgrounds, I will be able to know were to go and find the good,respectable, clean sites, to take my wife and sometimes audit kids to. It seem harder and harder to find RV sites that are not crowded and or like camping in a big city even in September to November. Also I am finding that reservations nine months or more in advice seen to be the norm now days even for small sites, State or Federal campgrounds. It bight only be had in the off seasons.

Hope to retire in July of 2018 and looking for quiet country RV sites if possible. Hoping to see the great US parks, quiet county back roads and small-towns USA. Am I just dreaming or is this still possible?
Chuck
7 REPLIES 7

texacokat
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone know why Allstays has eliminated the Android app? Looks like a good app but no longer available from Google play store.
Kathy & Scott
2018 Ford F-150 XLT
2018 Forest River Wildwood 27rks

Jayco-noslide
Explorer
Explorer
Since we got a smart phone to navigate to the chosen campground and the free "Park Advisor" app I never look at a paper campground guide. Since I would have the phone anyway, finding campgrounds is basically free.
Jayco-noslide

Tiger4x4RV
Nomad
Nomad
I like AllStays because I can use it offline to get basic info. It has links to follow for more info when wifi or cell signal is available.
2006 Tiger CX 4x4, 8.1 L gas V-8, Allison 6-speed

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
I find that Allstays has one of the best data bases for finding CGs, especially the smaller ones. Details can be a bit sketchy & require further research once the name is found.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

Second_Chance
Explorer II
Explorer II
joezuki wrote:
Check out rvparky.com it is a free app for Iphone and android in your app store. A retire guy put it together, I sent him an email with price updates on one of our trips and he updated the app within 24 hours and a thank you reply for the updated prices.

X2^^. Between rvparky.com and AllStays, you'll have everything you need and they're updated constantly. (We also use Militarycampgrounds.us since I'm retired Army.) With a number of parks going out of business these days, I wouldn't rely on outdated hard-copy or CD-based directories.

Rob
U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
(Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015

padredw
Nomad
Nomad
Chuck, I think your Brother-in-law did you a real favor. I have been using Trailer Life Navigator for many years. Unfortunately, that 2011 is the latest and final version and there does not appear to be any plans for replacement.

I just want to tell you that I still find it the most helpful software for PLANNING at home on my computer. In fact, I purchased a 2011 version to replace the 2010 which is the one I have been using for many year.

As I plan with Navigator I use online apps such as Google Maps and RV Reviews. Even if the information is becoming dated I haven't found anything to replace it. I encourage you to try it. Just remember, it is for trip planning at home on the computer, not for navigating on the road.

joezuki
Explorer
Explorer
Check out rvparky.com it is a free app for Iphone and android in your app store. A retire guy put it together, I sent him an email with price updates on one of our trips and he updated the app within 24 hours and a thank you reply for the updated prices.
Joe & Carol
2000 Southwind 32V
2011 Jeep JKUR - toad
2014 Honda CR-V EX-L - toad