cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Looking for advise on my next camper purchase.

Aric775
Explorer
Explorer
Hello. I'm looking to get a new RV (travel trailer). After some extensive internet researching, here is my "short list":

Wildwood Heritage Glen 312qbud
Salem Hemisphere 312qbud
Heartland North Trail 33bkss
Heartland Mallard M33
Prime Time LaCrosse 339bhd

I REALLY like the LaCrosse, but the model is "dealer stock only" and I can find NO dealer within a 250 mile radius of me that has one in stock. The Heritage Glen and the Hemisphere appear to be the IDENTICAL camper with only minor/cosmetic differences. The North Trail and the Mallard appear to be the IDENTICAL camper with only minor/cosmetic differences. I would entertain adding a different model to my short list...but I've done quite a bit of research and have found NO other models that have everything we are looking for in the price range we are looking to spend ($25k to $35k before trade). Looking for new (2018 or 2017).

A few of our "must haves":
Under 37' length
2 entrance doors (preference for 2nd door directly into bathroom)
Outside kitchen (full size, not a mini or pull-out)
Bunkhouse with one bunk above outside kit and one bunk over couch

My tow vehicle is a 2012 Chevy 2500hd, so not really concerned about weight. I would appreciate any thoughts that anyone has. Anyone have one of these models and love it or hate it? What else should I take into consideration when making my decision? Thanks for any insight!

Moderator's Note: Double thread. Please post comments here.
1 REPLY 1

jbjuices
Explorer
Explorer
Have you checked out the Highland Ridge Light? I love the 311bhs, but instead of the table and two seat couch, I recommend the U-Lounge. We learned with our 3 kids that the 2 seater can become quite creamped if we have to spend the day in the camper due to rain. Out of your choices, I do like the Heartland Northtrail. It looks like it has an island; and having the extra counter space is priceless.
RV: 2018 Highland Ridge Open Range 328BHS
TV: 2017 Ford F350 Platinum
2nd RV: 2010 Jayco 1207 PUP
2nd TV: 2004 Ford Excursion V10
Me ('72), DW ('76),
DS ('02), DD ('05), DD ('08)
Yellow Lab ('14), Golden Doodle ('12), Bichon Frise ('18)