cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Macerator Pumps Real Slow

wabrower01
Explorer
Explorer
I had the macerator pump replaced on m Roadtrek (RS Adventurous) last week. The Roadtrek authorized dealer installed the new pump. Their technician verified the pump did actual pump. When I got home, I filled the gray tank and starting the macerator pump after opening the gray dump valve. It pumped a half gallon in about 30 seconds. It is a Shurflo, and I called their customer service help line. Was told could be a low voltage (should be 12.5 - 13volts) or it could be wired wrong - in that case the assumption is the impeller is reversing. Anyone with similar experiences with a macerator pump? I'm bring the Roadtrek back into the authorized dealer next week to check it out.
5 REPLIES 5

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Mine (Flo-Jet portable) pushes about 6 gallons per minute out a 50" 3/4" Black Rubber Garden hose (You can guess why it's black)
That's on level ground (about a 8 Inch Drop from pump to ground, perhaps 18 over drop)

IF you are pumping farther, Smaller hose, UP HILL this will slow it down.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

wabrower01
Explorer
Explorer
Ok folks here is the update as of today. Camping World determine that the macerator pump was faulty and replaced it. Normally, on a warranty issue service organizations like Camping World still charge for the labor of replacement or at least split the costs 50/50. Camping World told me "it is on us" - no charge. The labor and shop supplies would have amounted to close to $200. Wow! Thank you Camping World.

I did check out the new macerator pump and it works great!

I have installed a dump hose connection to the manual discharge and I now carry a dump hose as a back up. Tested the backup and it works also.

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
Please report back on what the dealer did, and if the "cure" satisfies you. I for one raise my hand and tend to weigh heavily on forum participant's experiences with various products. Why? Because this is an intelligent crowd and reviews get questioned as they should get questioned for clarity.

FlatBroke
Explorer
Explorer
Mine did that. Appears the rubber rotor was too close to the sides. Made another shim and installed it. That cured it.

Hitch Hiker
"08" 29.5 FKTG LS

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Did you check the voltage?
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman