Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Noodle speared hot dogs!

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
Just a fun recipe! :C

This makes the kids just go crazy they can't figure out how you got the noodles thru the hot dog! After you serve it up so they can see the noodles coming out of the hot dog add a spoonful of melted cheese.

I even served them as hors d'oeuvres for adults! Arrange them on the platter and then add a small amount of bbq sauce to just the hot dog part. I shorten the noodles for this so you can line them up on serving platter. Great for around the campfire dish to pass.

Using a hot sweet italian sausage, or bratwurst instead of a hot dog spices it up for adults!

Put noodles thru hot dog. Put one end in boiling water till soft and then turn around and put the other side in. Cook till tender. Use a pot bigger than shown in picture.

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

18 REPLIES 18

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
The DW just freaked out. The link to your post is on the way to our kids. Youngest cooks at a boyscout and cub scout camp and will try it. The eldest is a marine biologist and we serve them with the post on one side, ala a jellyfish.

Great idea and thanks.
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

dcmac214
Explorer
Explorer
What a GREAT idea! Why the heck I hadn't thought of it myself...

Bet it would work just as well using penne or other tube-type pasta - just got to reposition the doggie in the tube.

Gjac
Explorer III
Explorer III
Is the spaghetti inside the hot dog al dente or fully cooked?

Rock_Wells
Explorer
Explorer
A novel idea, thanks!
Rock & Nan Wells
'17 Ram Laramie 3500 Diesel 4x4
'17 Keystone Sprinter 297FWRLS FW

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
I really do need to find a hobby and get out more! :B

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
Does this mean you're noodling around:B
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
Just tried it with spicey chorizo. What a kick! :B

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
rockhillmanor wrote:
Just a fun recipe! :C

This makes the kids just go crazy they can't figure out how you got the noodles thru the hot dog! After you serve it up so they can see the noodles coming out of the hot dog add a spoonful of melted cheese.

I even served them as hors d'oeuvres for adults! Arrange them on the platter and then add a small amount of bbq sauce to just the hot dog part. I shorten the noodles for this so you can line them up on serving platter. Great for around the campfire dish to pass.

Using a hot sweet italian sausage, or bratwurst instead of a hot dog spices it up for adults!

Put noodles thru hot dog. Put one end in boiling water till soft and then turn around and put the other side in. Cook till tender. Use a pot bigger than shown in picture.

FANTASTIC! Good Man!!
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

Tvov
Explorer
Explorer
Friend of mine said sausage works great for that.

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
Chris Bryant wrote:
Man, I'm thinking brats simmered in beer 🙂

X2
I'm definitely going to try that! :B

2_many_2
Explorer III
Explorer III
:B:B:B

Super_Dave
Explorer
Explorer
The options are pretty endless. Cover with chili, spaghetti sauce, cheese sauce.
Truck: 2006 Dodge 3500 Dually
Rig: 2018 Big Country 3155 RLK
Boat: 21' North River Seahawk

darkmind25
Explorer
Explorer
My kids would love the recipe.

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
I will say, that is one of the most clever idea I've seen in a long-long time! I love it. I'm going to try it with my 4 year old grandson, who .... really.... eats nothing but spaghetti noodles and hotdogs! (And M&M's).