cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surprise from Inuvik, NWT

thedavidzoo
Explorer
Explorer
Had a mystery package in the mailbox today...

Did anyone else get the Dempster Hwy Passport in Dawson City, get it stamped all along the Dempster, and turned in in Inuvik, NWT so they could win one of several prizes?

Well, we did and forgot all about it. Now over 3 months later I received a traditional Inuvialuit set of printed placemats, napkins and coasters. Neat! Unfortunately, I didn't win the diamond that was first prize 😉

Anyway, made my day! Thank you people of Inuvik and Ulukhaktok (Holman) and the Gov't of NWT.

2014 Ram 3500 CrewCab Diesel DRW 4x4 4.10 Aisin, Torklift Fastguns, Upper Stableloads, Timbrens
2017 Northstar 12' STC
640W solar, 400Ah lithium LiFeMnPO4 batteries
9 REPLIES 9

zb39
Explorer
Explorer
Awesome!!!!!!!!
2017 Host mammoth, sold
49 states, 41 National Parks, 7 Provinces
2019 2 door Rubicon 6 spd.
2019 Berkshire XLT 45B
2022 Host Cascade
2021 Ram 5500 Air ride

SideHillSoup
Explorer
Explorer
Funny
We are driving up to Tuk next summer on the new road between Inuvik and Tuk. Told my DW that we are going for a swim when we drive to Tuk, she said... have fun.....
Soup.
2018 Northern Lite 8-11 EX Dry Bath
2017 Sierra SLE, 3500 HD / 4x4 / Duramax with a 6 speed Allison Trans
Torklift Super Hitch 20K, 48" Super Truss, front and rear frame mounted tie downs
Fast Gun Long Range SS Turnbuckles, Fast Gun locks

lizzie
Explorer
Explorer
My official certificate reads as follows: Arctic Ocean Toe Dipping Certificate: Having demonstrated courage and bravery for ....Toe Dipping: .....Wading: .....Swimming:....Skinny Dipping: In the icy cold waters of the Arctic Ocean at Tuktoyaktuk, NWT, ect I became an Honourable Member of the EXCLUSIVE ARCTIC OCEAN ADVENTURERS CLUB OF THE WESTERN ARCTIC. You don't want to see the photo, I was 76 years old at the time. lizzie

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
But no need to post photos of skinny-dipping, right? 😉

Anyone who drives all the way to Inuvik and back is automatically a winner -- some day, that's what I want to do!

Well done, and congratulations.
2012 Fun Finder X-139 "Boondock Style" (axle-flipped and extra insulation)
2013 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road (semi-beefy tires and components)
Our trips -- pix and text
About our trailer
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single list."

jmckelvy
Explorer
Explorer
lizzie wrote:
We did the whole nine yards and got "sworn in" upon our return to Dawson City. I also earned the Class IV (skinny-dipping) certificate in Tuk. It was great fun and I will never forget that wonderful trip. lizzie

:B

OK. More info about this skinny dipping certificate. 🙂
06 RAM 3500,Dually,CTD,Auto(ATS Stage 1),QC,4X4,PacBrake,Spyntec Freespin Hubs,60 Gal Titan Tank,EFI Live, Line-X,Torklifts and SuperHitch,Fastguns
2013 Arctic Fox 990, 275 Watts Solar, 2 Grp 31 AGMs
US Navy 1964-1968, 2-Tour Vietnam Vet

lizzie
Explorer
Explorer
We did the whole nine yards and got "sworn in" upon our return to Dawson City. I also earned the Class IV (skinny-dipping)certificate in Tuk. It was great fun and I will never forget that wonderful trip. lizzie

Artum_Snowbird
Explorer
Explorer
Sometimes the things you do just bring you such happiness. This is one of those times! Congrats and enjoy!
Mike
2012 Winnebago Impulse Silver 26QP
2005 16.6 Double Eagle
2018 Jeep Wrangler JK
previously Snowbird Campers,
Triple E Motorhome and Fifth Wheel

Two_Hands
Explorer
Explorer
Cool!
2015 Fleetwood Excursion 33D
2016 Grand Cherokee Limited